Chapter 8: Life Alone~

This is a short chapter :(

***

Life Alone~

Cole's POV

My fingers tightly wrapped themselves around the thin, glass neck of the bottle, squeezing it with strength. What's the point? It's not like taking out my frustration and anger on a fucking bottle would help. I closed my eyes, imagining it were Dianne's mom, and compressed the bottle in fury. If only it were her... If only I could just snap her thin neck like that. The image of her condescending leer lingered in my mind a moment longer, before I picked up the bottle and held it towards my lips, taking a large drink. The liquor stung and burned down my throat. I gulped down the rest of the alcohol, and felt the emptiness of the container light weighted in the palm of my hand. I lopsidedly grinned, feeling a slight bit more satisfied. My head throbbed, and my vision blurred as if there were a thin sheet of fog covering my eyes. I waved my hands in front of me, hoping to clear my view. It didn't help.

The scene of my mom screaming at me popped into my head, and I chucked the glass bottle in animosity, watching it slam into the wall, shattering into many clear shards which dropped to the ground, scattered. I laughed, imagining I had just killed my mom with the bottle. "How's that, huh? You like the feels?" I grinned. "Feel the pain? Remember all those things you've said to me?" I broke into a series of laughter, as I picked up another fresh bottle of liquor. The sweat on my hands made it seem slippery, and I clenched it tighter. It awkwardly fumbled around in my hands, before it eventually lost balance, and crashed onto the floor. My hands were unsteadily shaking, and I wasn't feeling much like myself.

I scanned the room for more liquids I can down, but there were nothing more than empty bottles. Tens, twenties of them, all from the past hour. I groaned, letting out a series of colorful phrases. "I'm thirsty!" I screamed out in annoyance, suddenly feeling irritated. "Give me!" My own voice boomed in the silent stillness, and there was no one to answer. My temperature was rising by the second, heating my face in a deep red.

I feel... Sleepy...

My vision was turning into a clouded mess, and the pain in my head pulsed with each heartbeat.

My eyelids feel heavy all of a sudden, and my eyes fluttered shut.

I just want to escape...

Someone, save me...

Take me away...

Dianne...

***

"...l..."

My head... It hurts...

"....up..."

It's throbbing...

"P...."

Everything feels like a dream... It all seems so hazy...

"...on..."

Am I imagining a humming?

"Wake up!"

There was a sharp sting in my left cheek, and I could feel it burning.

Alert, my eyes bolt open.

"I can't believe you!" Angrily hissed Mariah through gritted teeth. "I didn't see you at school today either! I thought you had a dream? What was it you said about going to college, and finding a decent job? About letting your mom regret and realize that she's been wrong about you? I'm so disappointed in you!" Tears were forming in the corners of her eyes.

I laughed darkly. "Dianne..." I whispered. "She's gone, they took her..."

Another slap hit me on the other side of my face, forcing my head to turn sideways. The pain struck me clear as glass, but I payed no mind. Let her hit me.

"You're an asshole, Cole Mathews." I grinned, still stuck in dreamland. "You gonna say anything else? Other than just lying there grinning like a clown?"

I didn't respond.

"So that's your answer? We've been friends for ten years now! I care about Dianne too, you know. We all do, it's not just you. It was hard when you broke the news to us. But if you think this is how you're going to deal with the situation, the I have no words for you." She turned to leave, but came back. Before I could fully process everything, she dug her heel into the flesh between my legs, and there's no way I can ever fully describe the intense amount of pain I felt that instant... She smirked, watching my facial reactions, and left.

***

This is a very short chapter, I'm so sorry! DX but the last few would be longer and more interesting, I promise! I just thought that I haven't uploaded in a long time, and that was this was better than nothing.