Chapter 6: Total Disaster~

Total Disaster~

"Dianne!" I heard a voice pass through my door. I unplugged my earbuds, and clicked to pause my music, before answering her.

"Yeah?" I called out.

"I want you out here this instant!" She stated sternly. It wasn't a question, but an order. I slightly flinched at her tone. What got her so mad?

After sluggishly dragging my body out of bed, I forced my feet to move towards the door. "Coming, Mom!" I swung open my door, to find myself face to face with an exasperated and enraged parent. Her face was heated to a ripe tomato red, and you can expect to see smoke coming out of her fuming nostrils any moment now... I stared into her deep chocolate brown eyes that mimicked my own, searching for any hint of what I might've done. "What?"

"Dianne Reece Parker," she affirmed, keeping her voice monotonous throughout. I swallowed my own saliva, as she held my gaze a moment longer. I knew better than to mess with her when she addresses me by my full name, middle included. "Tell me, why did you go to the hospital?"

I looked at her as if she was mentally insane. "Because I was worried that something might've been wrong?" Her look told me that she wasn't very convinced, but she nodded anyway, and continued her little interrogation.

"Alright then," she shrugged. "Tell me just what exactly did the doctor tell you?"

I huffed. This was just ridiculous. Didn't I explain everything to her, no more than half an hour ago? "It was nothing serious," I replied.

"Do you seriously think I would believe you and just go with your petty little lies?" She glowered at me. "Did you honestly believe I wouldn't see through your pathetic, flimsy facade? Am I that shallow to you?"

"What?" I asked, still feigning innocence.

"You thought I would just believe you and sit around, didn't you?" She was seething by now, all patience from before vanished. "Well, I'm not that easily fooled."

We locked eyes. "What are you talking about?"

"I called the hospital," she said, not breaking eye contact. "They told me everything." My heart sank and my knees began to feel unsteady, but I refused to give in. I held onto the door knob for balance, as my eyes widened in horror.

"What did they tell you?" I croaked feebly, no longer feeling any strength.

"Everything," she spat. "Like how you're pregnant."

"Mom, I-," I tried to explain, but she cut me off.

"You understand about your condition way better than all of us. You should be able to understand, can you not?" She looked at me with a hint of concern.

"I'm sorry, Mom..." Was all I could manage to say.

Silence followed, with neither one of us saying a single word.

"I want you to get rid of the baby," she finally cut the silence, sending a series of chills down my spine.

My head snapped in her direction almost instantly, and I was looking at her with so much animosity that I swear it could've burned a hole right through her. How could she have said that? This is her flesh and blood, her grandchild! She's just going to let those evil doctors kill my baby like that?

Is it that easy for her to end a life?

Just like how she gave up on my twin?

I gritted my teeth at the memory. It wasn't pleasant.

"No," I glared at her with pure venom and hatred. "You won't be killing another human being anytime soon."