Chapter 15: Megumi's Determination

Start from the beginning

There was no one to protect her anymore, she was alone with Yahiro. Jun and Akira had left for an apartment near Todai, they were still in Tokyo, but not close enough to protect her from Yahiro. Ryuu had moved away from the country to study at Finn's, he was going serious with their relationship, even going as far as to leave Japan over a relationship. Tadashi was sent to the United States to study, and was extremely sad since there were no forests or jungles nearby, everything was industrialized. Kei and Hikari moved together, much to everyone's surprise, and to the United Kingdom. Yet, when asked about he reasons, Hikari would only blush madly, and Kei would speak for her and say it was only competition.

Everyone moved on, and Megumi had to move on as well, and that meant dealing with Yahiro's teasing on her own, which recently had grown more embarrassing, probably because Yahiro felt free without Kei and Akira always ruining his relationship with Megumi.

Whatever the case was, she couldn't deny that Yahiro's teasing today went beyond anything he had ever done before. Not to mention, it was true. So far, and for more than half a year, Yahiro had respected her despite them being husband and wife. She was 17. And once she became 18, she was probably going to have to share that kind of relationship with her husband. The day would arrive, eventually, but stating a date was freaking Megumi out.

"Ueh! No! I shouldn't think about it." She added, and the loud tone of her voice broke the mirrors, and she cried when witnessing that last. "And if he is serious?" And she gulped hard, and her face went red once again. "Yahiro, Baka!" She yelled, and stormed out of the bathroom. She then noticed her husband was waiting for her outside. "You heard?" She flinched.

"What? The baka part? Or you thinking about what will happen in 19 days?" And Megumi just shivered in fear. "Hey..." He finally added in a calmer tone of voice, and placed his hand at Megumi's head softly, forcing the girl to stare at him with teary eyes. "I would never force you to do anything you don't want." And Megumi smiled softly. "That been said, I don't want you to think over it too much, we got work, Idol." He added, and Megumi then blushed at that last.

"Ye-yes..." She mentioned anxiously. "Pro-Producer." She finished, and Yahiro smiled at that last. "Please take good care... of me... please..." And Yahiro nodded in agreement, and walked away, followed by Megumi, who tried to stay as close as possible. Once reaching the front doors of the University, however, the flashes of cameras surprised Megumi a lot, who suddenly found herself immersed in a shower of light. "...Paparazzi...?" She wondered.

"Media." Yahiro corrected, and Megumi hid behind him. "What are you doing? You need to look cute for the camera. Paparazzi and media are different. Media is good publicity, paparazzi is bad publicity. Smile, wave for your public, but don't talk." And Megumi nodded, and then she began waving to the cameras, who flashed her even more. She was actually dying of fear right there.

"Lady Yamamoto! Your discs sold millions of copies not only all around Japan, but worldwide! What are your thoughts about this?" A reporter asked, and Megumi flinched. "Lady Yamamoto, you are on the top five of the Japanese idols of all time, got some words for your public?" A lady asked, and Megumi faced her and moved her head in negation. "Lady Yamamoto! Are you going to give a concert here? Why coming to Tokyo's University?" And Megumi then faced that reporter, and then at Yahiro, who remained in silence and began walking away.

"Umm... eto..." Megumi began, and Yahiro stopped his march and turned around to face her in surprise. "I want... to help my husband... that's why I want to go to Tokyo University... so I can help him..." And everyone went into silence. Even the camera's stopped flashing. "Did I... ruin it...?" Megumi wondered while facing Yahiro.