"It's about us trying to fix us. We had a good conversation. We caught up on some things, and I think he's really going to start trying to make an effort with Des." I told her. "Don't count on it, but it'll be good if he does. What are you doing today? I want you to come see me." She said, and I slit my eyes.

"What are you up too? Des and I have plans this afternoon." "Nothing, I just want to see my only daughter." She said, unconvincingly. "Is Alejandro there?" I asked, looking to make sure Des wasn't nearby. "No, but he can be here if you want, or you can come with us to lunch tomorrow." She said, causing my frown to deepen.

"What do you mean lunch tomorrow? Why are you going out with him?!" I asked becoming angry. "He's my son Gia. As much as you missed him, so did I." She said, and I rubbed my forehead feeling a migraine coming on. "I know you're not comfortable with this, and if I thought he had bad intentions I would have nothing to do with him. I think you two deserve to have a conversation to clear the air, at least." She added.

"The air doesn't need to be cleared. I'm over it." I said, and she made one of her noises. "Gia, we both know that you're not over it. I'm sure one conversation could be had. Just come over tomorrow." She pushed. "I'm going out with the girls tomorrow." I said, and I felt like I could see her smirk. "Then come tonight. We can all have dinner, and then that'll be that. If you still want to stay away from him after that then you can do that." She said.

"If I go, will you leave me alone about it?" I asked chewing my lip. "Yes, and wear something nice." She said making me roll my eyes. "For what, we're only going to be at the house!" I replied. "Because, you never know. Wear that outfit you bought when we went shopping a few weeks back. The sweater dress, and your knee boots." She said, and I rolled my eyes.

"Ok, nothing will change though. I don't want to hear anything else about him after tonight though." I said. "Not another word. Tonight by 7 you'll be here." She said, and I reluctantly agreed. We hung up, and I shook my head wondering how tonight would go. I got up, and went to look for Des, and found him in the living room.

"Are you ready?" I asked grabbing my purse. "Yeah, let's go. I have to see my mom after. You going with me?" He asked, referring to his mom. His and I had an okay relationship.
Overall his entire family thought I was bougie, and the only person that was okay with me was his older brother Trey, who I didn't really care for. He'd always say slick stuff to me whenever we were around each other, and it made me uncomfortable.

"Yeah, I can't stay too long. My mom wants to have dinner with me tonight, around 7." I told him. "Who's going to be there?" He frowned. "Just her, and my dad. I think she may have the twins. You know how she is." I shrugged. "Yeah, you'll turn up, and it will be a party full of babies. I don't know how y'all do it." He said making me laugh.

"We love our big family. My dad and brothers are set on leaving a Smith legacy." I said, and he pulled me onto his lap. "And you?" He asked smiling lightly. "Well my name will change once we're married and our child will have your name. We'll create our own." I said and he nodded.

"Would you be upset if we didn't have kids?" He asked, and I looked at him. We had only had a few conversations about children and we both imagined having them down the line. "Yeah, it's nothing that I want immediately, but I do want children." I said and he nodded and kissed my forehead.

"Do you?" I asked making sure we were on the same page. "Yeah, we can practice making some tonight, but you're going with your family." He responded, and I laughed and kissed him. "Well if you let yourself in, we can do a lot of that tonight." I added another kiss.

"You feeling like that?" He asked and I nodded. What our relationship lacked it made up for in sex. We had great energy when it came to that, but sometimes with the drama it was hard to even get there. I knew he was trying today, and I could leave the past in the past.