"I am loyal. But my loyalty doesn't lie on just one side." She said and I frowned. "You're my mom. You can't like him." I said, and she shrugged. "And that's my son. I do what I want." She said, and I pouted.

"Is there any food done?" I asked turning back to the stove and checking the pots. "There's some chicken, and beef tips that are done. The rice and other food is still being made." She said, and I went to get containers to put some food in for Des and I.

"He's watching you like a hawk." Ciaen said coming up to me. "Really I hadn't noticed." I said sarcastically. "Gia! Who is that over there. He looks familiar." Ciaen said loud enough for him to hear. I cut my eyes at her, and ignored her.

"I thought you might recognize Ale. Come over here." My mom said adding into the messiness. I mugged both of them, and went to get my food containers so I could go.

My mom grabbed them before I could and I envisioned myself inflicting bodily harm on her. "What's up with you?" I heard his voice behind me. "Wow, I barely recognized you. It's been so long." Ciaen said.

"I know, came back for work. How've you been?" He asked her. "Good, working and going to school to finish my masters. Helping Gia plan her wedding. That's about it." She said.

"I heard about that. To Devin right." He said making me turn around. "Don't act like you don't know his name." I said low enough for only them to hear. He smirked and did a snide laugh. "He doesn't really matter to me. His name could be Damon tomorrow." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"You can't be rude to him. He is her fiancé." Ciaen spoke up, and I nodded. "I wasn't rude to him for that very reason. Out of respect for Gia, but that doesn't mean I can't have my own personal feelings." He said.

"There are no personal feelings to be had. You don't know anything about us." I said getting angry. "I know you. That's all that matters." He said, and I gave Ciaen a warning look.

"I have to let her out, since I parked behind her." Ciaen said, and I looked to see my mom roll her eyes before she gave the food containers back to me. "I'll see you later Mommy." I said, to her and she kissed my cheek.

I stepped around Alejandro, and mugged him as he smirked again. "I don't like him." I said, once we were in the hall. "Bitch y'all are so bothered by each other! He wants you though. Stay away from him." She said, and I nodded.

"I know Des was already acting jealous." I said and she gave me a look. "Everything okay between you and him?" She asked and I sighed. "He's mad about the wedding. He doesn't want us spending as much as we are." I told her.

"Wow, really?" She frowned. "Yeah, I'm going to look at everything tonight to see how we can cut back." I said and she shook her head. Ciaen didn't totally like Desmond, but out of respect for me she stayed in her lane and supported me throughout all my decisions and choices.

She only complained here and there, which I appreciated. "I guess, but where is he?" She said as we made it outside. I looked around, but didn't see him. "Someone parked behind me." She said and I sighed seeing Su's truck.

I pulled out my phone and called him. It rang a few times before it went to voicemail. I called back two more times before he answered. "Where are you?" I asked. "I'm on my way home. You know I was ready to go. You can stay with your family. I'll see you." He said before hanging up.

"Where's he at?" She asked and I just shook my head. "He left." I said feeling a type of way. I tried not to get emotional, as Ciaen wrapped me into a hug. "Hey, it's okay. Things will get better. I know he was probably mad anyway. It was best if you didn't go home with him tonight." She said and I nodded and wiped the tears so they wouldn't fall.