Moment of Silence

"Doyoung! Stop singing Mine, this is important!" Taeyong slammed his hands down on the desk at their next club meeting.
"It's a tribute song for Jaemin!" The other protested.
"Oh. Then continue."

After Doyoung finished the other members clapped and Taeyong stood back up.
"That was beautiful. Moment of silence for the suspended." They all bowed their heads. "Alright, as I was saying, we still don't know who did it. It obviously wasn't Jaemin and it seems like other people know that too. They would've seen him. He's bright pink."
"He's not short either." Yuta added.
"Exactly. It had to be someone who would go unnoticed." They all thought for a moment before Sicheng spoke up.
"It could've been a girl."
"Nah. There's only 700 of them and barely half of them even knew. None of our girls are edgy enough." Yukhei shook his head.
"What about the cheer squad some of them are edgy?"Jisung suggested.
"Team Twice? Yeah okay." Jaehyun scoffed.
"I wouldn't put it past em. Have you seen Dahyuns cold dead eyes? We made eye contact once and I swear she almost took my soul." Jisung shivered, recalling the incident.
"No honey you're just afraid of girls." Doyoung put a hand on his shoulder.
"Their nails are so pointy..." Jisung mumbled, teary eyed.
"What if it was someone in S.C?" Jeno suggested.
"An inside job?!" Yukhei gasped as his hands flew to his mouth.
"That's exactly what it probably wasn't!" Sicheng waved his hands in the air and feigned shock.
"I wouldn't doubt it. Some of them are hella shady," Jaehyun held up his phone "Look at the amount of petty." It was a picture from Johnnys Instagram account where someone had very clearly been cropped out to the point where the background was warped and smeared.
"Johnny is obviously a sociopath but go off I guess." Yukhei mumbled, obviously disinterested, as he flicked through Snapchat.
"Johnny wouldn't do that to himself would he?" Yuta put a hand to his chin.
"Nah. I've known him for like ever. He wouldn't fuck himself over. He thinks he's this golden boy." Taeyong dismissed the theory and the others listened in.
"Were you two friends?" Doyoung flipped his phone onto it's face as Taeyong stood near the front of the room, all eyes on him.
"Yeah! We were super close. For a minute or two. We went to the same middle school when he moved out here. Believe it or not, I used to be a new student ambassador. We had some of the same classes and I stuck by him so he wouldn't be excluded. As soon as he made a few friends and popularity he cut me off entirely. Soon enough, the fuck was crowned student body president and I meant nothing. In the months I did know him he talked really highly of himself and kind of dismissed anything good anyone else did."
"Was there anyone he stuck with?"
Taeyong thought for a moment and frowned a little. "Taeil and Kun. Taeil because he was older and already popular enough to ride on the back of. He kept Kun around because the dude is intelligent as fuck. He's an ace at everything- public speaking, essay writing, expressions, socially intelligent- kids a born politician if he wasn't a shit liar. He's pretty easily manipulated by his friends but I think it's cause he's a people pleaser but maybe he just doesn't want to lose anyone...He'd probably break down if he was forced to choose sides. He's so far up Seo's asshole he's a part of his immune system."
"Do you think it was him?"
"Nah, Too nice." Taeyong shook his head. The room fell silent and the mood became stale.
"It wasn't any of us right?" Yuta asked. There were nods and sounds of conformation across the room. "This hurts my brain. Can we talk about something else?"
"We can try to guess how many STDs Lucas has?" Sicheng smiled as he received a glare from across the room.
"Fuck you."