"Nothing; were together again and that's all that matters." My attention focused on the gauze that I wrapped around his wound. When his hand reached down and took my own, my actions stopped automatically.

"If you don't tell me, I'm going to think the worst."

A sigh left my lips as my hands went back to work on his side. If it wasn't for his persistence attitude I wouldn't tell him. But, here I was, telling him every detail of it like I was talking about trade. I couldn't bear to look at his face as I talked, his body tensing and relaxing enough for me.

Once I had washed every wound I could find and wrapped up the bad ones, my story had come to an end and I was now just looking at Declan. My butt sat next to him while my hand reached up to cup his cheek. His eyes looked at me with sadness, making me wonder if it was because of the pain or the memories.

I didn't need to ask.

"When you were shot, I felt my heart break in two. I was ready to die right there and then," He stated so softly that it almost brought tears to my own eyes.

Covering up my feelings, I smiled and said, "You can't get rid of me that easily."

Declan leaned in and gave me a kiss, one that I returned before leaning our foreheads together. "Please, don't leave me again," He mumbled, making me wonder what Hell his mind had put him through in the ten days that I've been gone.

"Never in a million years," I mumbled back before wrapping my arms around him.

We both sat on the bed, our backs on the wall as we engulfed each other's presence.

"What do we do next?" I asked, my head laying on his chest while my hand played with his.

Declan was silent at first, seeming to not find the words before speaking again. "Well, it seems we have a decision to make."

Confusion filled me, making me lift my head and look at him. He must have noticed my look because he continued on. "We either stay and fight, or leave."

I'm thrown back by his words, not even realizing that there was another choice. There's never been another choice, at least not that I know of. After surpassing the shock, I managed to stumble out, "What... what do you want to do?"

"Whatever you want to do."

Sighing, I sit up a bit more and look away from my husband. I can feel Declan watching me, waiting for an answer while I think it through. Though the offer is tempting, more tempting then I'd like to admit, I know I have to answer truthfully.

I turned and looked at Declan, "I want Benton to pay for everything he's done."

Declan smiles, reaching over and rubbing my back, "I thought you might say that." With that we grabbed our things and left, leaving the cellar empty behind us.

When night took over, Declan and I found ourselves in the woods keeping watch over Lord Benton's house. Two men made their way towards the door, greeted by the soldiers who let them in. At better looks, we could tell who the two men were.

Samuel Grant and his protector, Cobbs Pond.

A plain formed in Declan's mind and he was quick to follow the two men when they left. I let Declan take charge of this, hoping that I'd catch on quick as time went on.

We followed Grant and Pond to their camp, their men staying in tents or by fires.

Making their way into the woods, Grant and Pond began to talk about Benton. Declan was standing by one of the trees while I had found myself hiding behind another, unseen.