10. - Jarred

My phone alarm went off at 7:30 in the morning. I groaned, reaching to the ground next to Ali’s bed and picking my phone up, quickly turning the alarm off before it woke Ali up. I looked over at her. She was curled up against the wall with her back to me, her dark blonde hair splayed out on the pillow behind her head, her knees curled up and her arms around a small teddy bear. Her mouth was slightly open and soft snore fell from her lips. She was perfect, even in her sleep. I sat up, careful as to not wake her, and leaned my back against the wall at the head of the bed, roughly wiping the sleep from my eyes. I let out a yawn, and after a few minutes of watching Ali sleep, I decided to get out of bed and get ready for the day. I stood next to the bed, looking around her small room for my shirt. Her room was small, and very controversial. By looking at it, it was hard to tell what kind of girl she was. One half of her room was covered in posters of heavy metal bands such as Avenged Sevenfold or Bring Me the Horizon. In the other half of her room was her bed, covered in soft toys and a dream catcher hanging in front of a blue wall. She had a pink strip on the middle of her wall which ran the whole way around her room. I finally spotted my shirt and quickly picked it up and pulled it on over my head. I looked over at Ali and was surprised to see that she had rolled over and was now awake, watching me curiously.

“Morning.” She sleepily mumbled, her voice higher than usual. Fuck she’s adorable, I thought to myself, taking in her appearance as she gingerly wiped sleep from her eyes.

“Did you sleep well?” I asked, walking over and sitting on the bed facing her, giving her a quick kiss on the cheek.

“Not really,” she smiled, “there was this big, goofy guy that was taking up most of my bed last night. I don’t even know who he is.” I felt a sharp pang of jealousy. Who the hell-? I thought before realising she was referring to me. I felt my cheeks heat up and I looked down at her briefly before standing up again.

“I’m gonna take your bag to the car.” I mumbled, picking up her suitcase and pulling it down the hallway and outside to the car. I pulled the back door open and placed Ali’s suitcase on the backseat. I heard someone approaching from behind me. Ali reached pass me and put her pillow along with a small teddy bear on top of her suitcase. I turned around and looked at her. She was dressed in a black Ramones jumper and snug black leggings, accompanied with light brown ugg boots. Damn. Her hair was tied up on the top of her head in a messy bun with small pieces of semi curly hair framing her face.

“You look gorgeous.” I mumbled nuzzling my head into her neck.

“No I don’t, I just woke up.” She laughed as she moved away from me and started making her was back inside, her hands buried deep in the pockets of her jumper. I couldn’t help but stare at her arse as I followed her back inside. Damn.

“When are we leaving?” Ali asked as she leaned forward and turned on the kettle in the kitchen.

“Whenever you want.” I shrugged, pinching her bum gently before grabbing a coffee cup for her.

“I have to go into town before we leave and I need to let my family know where I’ll be and I need to see Cailey and Matthew before we leave as well. Not for long though, very briefly.” She explained. I watched as she put two spoons of milo and one spoon of sugar into her cup and poured the boiling water in once the kettle had clicked, signalling it was ready.

“Why do you need to see Matthew?” I questioned, jealousy bubbling up to the surface. I didn’t like Matthew, he was Ali’s best friend but I fucking hated him.  I opened the fridge and pulled out the milk, handing it to Ali, trying to keep my cool.

“Because I want to introduce you two so you can stop worrying so much.” She laughed and I calmed down a bit. She had the cutest laugh, and if I made her laugh enough, she would quietly snort, and then she would laugh even harder, making herself cry.