Chapter 20 - Ali

"Jarred is so yummy!" I heard Gabby whisper yell through the phone as she opened the pictures I had sent to her over Facebook.

"Yeah I know," I laughed. I had been on the phone to Gabby for almost an hour and we were still rambling on about anything and everything. We never ran out of things to talk about.

"Ohmygod Ali I'm really sorry but I have to go or I'll be late for work. Sorry, bye, love you!" She said and quickly hung up. I sighed and put my phone back on charge just as Jarred walked into our room with a towel around his waist and his hair roughly sticking up all over the place, the water making it a darker colour than ever before. It had been two days since the Matthew incident and Jarred had only just gotten over his hangover, meanwhile I didn't even get one and I drank twice as much as Jarred did. I remember the way we had stumbled through the house together, leaning against the walls for support and then giving up and slowly allowing our bodies to sink to the hallway floor. I remember everything, from the first drink right down to Jarred pulling me into the shower with him because he didn't want to go alone. He was a funny drunk, he was energetic and fun, many referred to him as 'the life of the party'.

"Ali, what the fuck? Why are you even awake?" Jarred mumbled as he walked out into the kitchen with nothing but his pants on. His light brown hair was hanging in messy curls over his face and he pulled a blind closed as he made his way towards me.

"How much do you remember?" I asked, grabbing a tea towel and wetting it before dabbing it against his forehead.

"Absolutely fucking nothing, but judging by the smirk you're giving me I'm guess you remember something."

"Oh, I remember it all," I winked, "I'm just surprised you don't remember the shower monsters.' I couldn't help but laugh as he dropped his head into his hands and groaned.

"I'm never drinking again," he mumbled into his hands "I'm going back to bed." I laughed. He got up and dragged his feet the whole way from the kitchen to our room. After a few minutes I decided to follow him. I changed into a clean set of pyjamas and climbed under the covers, joining Jarred in our fortress of pillows and forgotten dreams.