Chapter 01: Greetings

CHAPTER 01: GREETINGS

(Y/n) watches as the students rush to their seats as the final bell for class to start sounds all except her closest confidante, Alatea, who has apparently fallen deaf to the chiming. 

Alatea and (Y/n) had been friends since third grade when (Y/n) saved the girly girl from being teased from a group of snobby girls that were telling her she looked like a bottle of Pepto-Bismol considering how the eight year old girl had after all gone to school completely dressed up in various shades of pink. After (Y/n) dusted her hands off from pulling down the ponytails of those high horsed children, her and chatty Alatea were each others saviors. With (Y/n) pulling Alatea away from all the trouble that she could wind both of them up in and with Alatea pulling (Y/n) away from any potential bullies not wanting in the slightest to bring out that strange feisty-tongued defense the (e/c) eyed girl snaps into when either of them are threatened.

"Hey, you need to go sit down before the teacher comes in and yells at you, and this time I refuse to sink with the ship. I do not want to, under any circumstances, end up cleaning bugs off the windowsills. Again." (Y/n) groans  not wanting be the ones to fall victim to Mr. Coventry's punishments. 

"But (Y/n)! It's important! Everyone was talking abou-" The excited girl stilled, suddenly hearing polished shoes tapping along the hallway before jumping off her friend's desk and moving her to assigned one all the way across the classroom. The (h/c) girl just sighs with relief as the class calms down waiting for aged English teacher to enter the room and start class.

 When Mr.Coventry enters he moves in front to address the classroom, "Alright, let's behave now. We will begin our lesson on 19th Century Literature shortly, but before the fun starts there is someone new joining our class today. Mr. Inferis, will you step into the room and get yourself acquainted with the class?" He blandly drones, clearly not excited for a new problem to the join the others already sitting at their desks. 

As soon as converse-covered feet pass over the threshold girls begin to break into a series of hushed whispers and high-pitched giggles. Even Alatea from the front of the class seems entranced, so much so she grabs (Y/n)'s attention by waving her arms then mouthing the one sacred word 'dibs'. (Y/n) just responds with 'all yours' nod and a thumbs up.

With her full attention finally going to the new boy, she could definitely say he was attractive. His dark hair swept across eyes in an unkempt manner that suited him. It was his eyes however that seemed to be doing most of the entrancement, they were a pale stormy color framed with thick lashes peaking from beneath the locks. 

  "Hello everyone, my name is Damian Inferis. My family recently moved here from Greece, where my brothers and I were home schooled. I enjoy cold rainy days, and Gothic horror novels. "His voice was deep yet each word was spoken delicately, more girls swooned.   

His eyes, they're like a tempting trap, a trap that everyone steps into one way or another, (Y/n) thought, and it was this concept that gave (Y/n) enough of a reason to give her attention to the peaceful park outside. 

From Greece though, huh? That's interesting. Greece...I wouldn't mind visiting there sometime. I'm sure it's much more beautiful than the bitter winter here. A scraping sound disrupted her thoughts, as she turned her eyes to see a lithe, ivory-toned body fill in the desk next to her. 

"Alright class, now that that's dealt with, take out your notebooks! We're going to cover Lovecraft today..."

"This subject is the only thing that gives the man any emotion." The (h/c) haired girl mumbled under her breath quiet enough for a pale-eyed boy to catch as she furiously scribbles notes.