chapter 3

"Are you serious? What a jerk!" Amy squealed as her mouth hung open after hearing about the intense conversation Lucy and Drake shared.

Lucy shrugged. "I know, but it's not like it really affected me or anything."

Amy pressed her lips in a tight line. "Yeah right." Lucy huffed while Amy suddenly nudged her, motioning for her to look ahead. "Look who's hanging with Mr. Draky over there!"

Lucy whipped round to face the scene that had caught her friend's attention. And there he was surrounded by that fake girl whom she previously bumped into, and a bunch of other girls that were practically drooling over him. Lucy shook her head. "Ugh, he's not even pushing them away like he did to me!"

Amy suppressed her giggle as she placed her hand on her lips. "I thought you weren't affected by him whatsoever."

Lucy gave a shocked expression. "Am not! It's just that...never mind, forget it."

Amy rolled her eyes at her. "Trust me I think he's somewhat giving them attention so that he'll have some fun, you know cause they're bitches duh, and you went as a friend and acting all innocent... "

Lucy was about to say something when Amy shushed her to continue, "Like I said he wants some fun, you do know what I mean now do you?"

Lucy glared at her as she flailed her arms in her face trying to make a point, "I don't need an explanation! I don't care about him, and I most certainly don't care how he has his so-called 'fun'!"

Amy bit her lip. "Sure, now let's get ready for our next class."

The classes went by swiftly, as quick as a snap. Lucy thanked God it was over for she couldn't tolerate any more school drama. Amy said her good byes as she gave Lucy a warm bear hug, and went to get her car to drive home at last. Lucy simply stood there, waiting for her older brother to come pick her up. She knew how to drive of course, but did not have a car of her own yet. Her parents weren't that rich like Amy's and she really didn't want to get a job just yet. Lucy paced back and forth impatiently as students left one by one, leaving her there with a few teens and a couple of teachers. Where is Chad? He's really going to pay for this.

All at once, Drake appeared and passed by her as he made his way to his car – oh wait – his motorcycle, a Harley Davidson, what a beauty.

He noticed her gawking at his baby, so just before he woke his motorcycle to life, he mockingly asked, "Aww, you were waiting for me? Well, here I am."

Lucy rolled her eyes as she crossed her arms and sneered. "Ha-ha you're so charming. For your info, I'm waiting for my brother."

Drake wiggled his eyebrows as he placed his helmet on his head, buckling the strap around his neck and securing it tightly. "How about I give you a ride? I know it'll be your dream come true."

Lucy approached him and looked him straight in the eyes. "Look here Drake, I don't need your ride and you're certainly not like any of my dreams-"

He cut her off as he drew nearer to her face, causing the motorcycle to slightly bend to her side, and stated in a rough tone. "You're absolutely right. I ain't no pretty dream love, I'm your worst nightmare." After saying that, he immediately revved up the engine and drove away with full speed, making Lucy's hair fly and tangle up.

She combed her hair with her fingers, adjusting it as she cursed under her breath. "What a jerk," She murmured, but still she couldn't shake the feeling of attraction away. There was something about him that intrigued her and pulled her to him. It was like he was an unpleasant magnet drawing her into his engaging yet wicked world. She breathed in as she tapped her foot against the ground, obviously irritated by the long wait. I should have accepted his ride, she grinned like a Cheshire cat but then rubbed her temple, shrugging off such thoughts.

After a few more minutes, Chad finally arrived. He had a stern yet worried look on his face as he told Lucy to get in the car. "What took you so long?" she asked in an aggravated manner.

He closed his eyes shut as if considering and then spoke, "Well I don't know how to say this sis, but our parents got in a fight and things aren't so pleasant back there. Plus there was traffic and..."

Lucy raised her brow and bit her nail. "There's something you're not telling me Chad. What is it? Tell me."

He exhaled as he ran a hand through his hair and stated with concern, "Mom is bruised all over."

Lucy placed her hands against her cheeks in shock. "What? Is it dad again? What the hell is wrong with him?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

THIS BOOK IS AVAILABLE ON AMAZON NOW. GO GET YOUR COPY!

YOU CAN SEARCH IT ON AMAZON BY TYPING IN THE TITLE :)