The rogue nodded, whimpering wildly. I let him go, then watched in satisfaction as he ran off.

I then turned to Amber.

This was going to be interesting.

<*>

-Amber-

I stared up in shock as I saw Alex shift into a black midnight wolf. A giant one I might add. He also had a dark gray stomach, the tips of his ears and tail were also the same dark gray color. His back had a strange striped dusting pattern on the back that was a deep silver, making it look like a large tribal insignia. He was beautiful.

I snapped out of it when I watched as the last rogue darted off.

"A-Alex?" I asked unsure if that was really him or not.

He nodded and walked up to me. 'Are you alright?'

"Yeah, nothing broken." I joked nervously. "Wait I can hear you."

'My parents explained this whole mind-linking thing to me. I guess this was all it took.'

I looked at him like he went crazy. "All it took?! You were almost killed!" I screamed at him throwing my hands up in the air for emphasis.

He growled. 'No, you were almost hurt!'

That comment angered me. "So! Why do you care?!"

'I care because I love you, dammit!' Alex snapped back at me.

I gasped and looked at him with wide eyes. Did he really just say that? If so, did he really mean it?

When he saw I was quiet, he took a step back and sat down, looking at me 'That's what I've been wanting to tell you.' 

<*>

We made it back to my place and we were currently standing in my backyard. No one said anything on the entire walk here.

Alex finally broke the silence. 'I love you.' He admitted looking up at me with those giant wolf eyes.

He wouldn't stop staring at me like how I was staring at him.

I didn't really know what to say. What could I say? First, he calls me a monster and wants nothing to do with me. Now he's saying he loves me. I don't know what to believe right now.

"Why do you keep saying that?" I asked quietly not really wanting to talk right now.

I watched him shrug. 'I don't know, maybe because it's true.' He said sarcastically.

No need to be sarcastic right now...

I sat down next to him, but I still refused to look at him.

'Yes, I was being the world's biggest asshole to you, and no, I don't deserve you to forgive me.' Got that right.... 'I may have been scared and very surprised, but that wasn't an excuse-'

Before he could say any more, I cut him off. "I could have forgiven you if you weren't all over that troll!" I spat still not looking at him.

'I wasn't all over her! I didn't even say that we broke up or anything! And it didn't help me any more than it did you to be all over Brandon or Lance!' He yelled at me.

I looked up at him and saw his eyes full of anger and jealousy.

Okay so maybe he had a good point there, but still. "I was hurt and you-"

Alex cut me off. 'No!' He growled possessively moving closer to me. 'You. Are. Mine!'

I was quiet. I didn't know what to say and Alex took that as an advantage because he kept talking.