Like the other night. The others didn't know why I didn't die or become fatally harmed when hit with a silver bullet. It turns out, that I was a complete mix of werewolf and Hunter blood. Hunters are either born or made by the outcome of events. Those that are born tend to have abilities that give them an upper hand against the abilities of a werewolf. Both my father and my grandmother were Hunter born.

So, I tend to be someone you don't see too often. My dad was telling me that I might have other abilities. The one we know of now is that not only am I immune to silver (unlike your average wolf) but I can also detoxify it from another wolf if they were ever harmed. But that would include being with another wolf sometime soon as well. Not what I considered being an option. At least, not at the moment.

So there you have it. My whole family history's involvement with werewolves and Hunters. I'm some mixed breed miracle as well as someone who's been left in the dark because of it all.

I was walking out the door when I spotted Jack leaning against my jeep.

"You knew?" I asked though it came out more as a statement.

He nodded, only just a little. "I did. I am one if that's what you wanted to know. And yes, I'm mad at you too."

I snorted. "Get in line. But I'll throw you a bone. Why are you mad?"

"First, I'm a wolf, not a dog. Second, I'm mad because of the way you treated your mate. I mean for fuck's sake, man! Here I am, seeing every other wolf around find their mate, only to not find my own. And I watch you treat yours like shit!"

"You weren't-"

"No, I was. I watch as you just storm past me and then turn down your mate."

"You were there?"

Jack let out a deep sigh. "Alex, you're still my best friend. When I heard of that incident with the Hunter and you getting shot, you can believe that I was there along with everyone else."

I rubbed my face in my hands. "Sorry, man... it's just been a hell ride...."

"I can understand that. I'm still mad at you about the way you treated Amber, but I'm still here for you. Lucky you."

"And why didn't you tell me?" I asked, ignorning the quip at the end.

He shrugged. "Your parents told me not to. And so did Amber."

"You listened to Amber?"

"It was the least I could do for her. I start dating and my girlfriend asks you a favor, would you do it?"

I hesitate and then nod.

"Plus," He continued, "I'm a part of her pack. She's the future Luna to my pack, so I didn't have a choice in the matter."

"Wait, Adam is the Alpha?" I asked, trying to connect the dots with what my parents told me last night.

Jack nodded. "Alpha Adam as some call him."

I just shook my head and got in my jeep. He hopped in the passenger side, and then looked at me.

"This... is all a lot to take in. And get used to." I told him.

"Understandable. We've grown up on it, while you've just been thrown into it. You'll get used to it... I hope."

"I just need some time."

He nodded again, and then looked ahead as I pulled out onto the street. "There is only one reason why I'm not that mad at you."

"And what's that?"

"Although you probably hurt Amber a lot more than you know, you didn't outright reject her."

"What do you mean, reject her?"

"It's something that happens occasionally, although it's quite stupid, really. It's when you say your name and then says you reject them as your mate. So, I might say, "I, Jack Alto, reject you, Sadie Kaine, as my mate." And that would stop you two from being mates. Although, the second party also has to say it."

I shook my head. "As awesome as that sounds, I have a sinking hunch that if I ever did that, I would start to die, and not just from Xavier."

"You would lose him first, your wolf. Then depending on how strong you are, you'd begin to slowly die, yes."

"You're kidding, right?"

"No," he deadpanned. "Knowing you, it would take you until you're about thirty-five, give or take. Knowing Amber, I'd give her until twenty-five."

"So soon?"

He scoffs. "As hard as she fell for you, well... let's just say I'm glad you didn't hear her the other night. Or last."

"What...?" I glanced at him for a second before turning my eyes back to the road. He was scrolling through his Twitter feed.

"She's lost you twice now. First, we thought you would be dead from the silver bullet, then you just walk out on her like that."

"Can we please stop talking about this?" I ask. "I still don't know what I feel towards her, and to top it off, knowing some of this stuff is just complicating everything."

"She's still the same girl you fell for last week."

I growled at him. "Maybe or maybe not. Hell, I don't even know who I am anymore!"

Jack stuck his phone in his pocket and crossed his arms. "Fine. I'll drop it. Good luck when you see her today."

Shit.

<*>

Something I noticed when I walked into school. Well, I noticed this after the other night, but now I'm really seeing it. I can tell who in the hallways is human, while who isn't. I'm surprised that it's pretty even. Something else I noticed, was that as I walk towards my locker, everyone acts like the way I saw some of the wolves act towards Adam. Respect, as well as admiration. The rest? Well, let's just say that rumor got around about how I treated Amber.

It hurt, even more, when I reached my locker. I hadn't noticed before, but Amber's locker was only one away from mine. It seemed that the fates were against me today as well, for no one used that locker. For or against me, the fates will ever be. Never just one.

I keep focused on grabbing my textbooks when she opens her. Xavier takes over for just a moment before I can stop him. At that moment, he glanced over at her.

She has the hood on her pale-blue hoodie pulled up, and underneath I can see that she doesn't look the best. Who am I kidding, she looked like shit. Her eyes were swollen and red, while her lips look like they've been turned into a permanent frown. Hell, it even looked like she was still crying.

I hated seeing her like that. It pissed me off even more so knowing that I was the cause of it. I nearly gave in, turning to her. I opened my mouth to say something, anything, really. Before I got the chance, she slammed her locker and ran off.

I looked at my schedule, which I kept taped to the inside of my locker and sighed. I only had one class without her today. Great, just great.

This was going to be a long day.

My Werewolf Girlfriendजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें