lonely

"Do you have a zip card?" Dan glanced over at Phil , quite sure he would have a Zip card

"Huh? a- a zip card?"

Gasp

"Oh my gosh you don't have a zip card" he stands looking at Phil in awe . phil shrugged not thinking this was much of a big deal.

"Dude you need a zip card!"

Phil sniggered

"Stop laughing . What are you laughing about?"

"You just called me dude"

"Would you rather I call you bro?"

"No thanks"

"Mate?"

"You Australian?"

"Oh! Philly?"

"Ew"

Now it was Dans turn to laugh.
" I'm sorry"

"No , your really not"

Dan placed a finger on his chin and stroked it as if pretending to be in deep thought.

"Yeah your right , I'm not sorry" he flashes one of his best smiles and Phil's reminded how cute his dimples are.

"You got a ticket ? I mean we're gunna have to get out of the station at some point" he pulled out his wallet revealing a lime green card.

"So ... is that a zip card?" Phil points at the ugly fluorescent card.

"Yes" dan said plainly , avoiding Phils eyes

"I want one" Phil smiled a small simple smile yet it made dan blush lightly

"You'll get one , now come on!" Dan was getting impatient and very hot in the face , not a good combination. Phil pulled out his train ticket and as he fed it to the machine , watching it disappear in the blink of an eye out of existence.

"I'm in london..."

Something tugged on phils lips as he thought about living in a new world with the freckled boy for 6 whole months .

"Yeah , no dip Sherlock"

Dans dimples were on display as he said this and phil , despite the odd comment smiled even bigger.

————————

Dan knocked on a car window

and the door swung open almost knocking dan clean off his feet , but he jumped back just in time .

"Jeez mum your gunna kill me!"

"Phil! Welcome to London sweetie! I'm Jen! Oh you can sit in the front seat if you'd like , my husband Tom will move to the back for you, the car is a bit of a mess but I hope that will be ok for you , do you want some food or a drink..."

Phil had been pampered all his life , but not quite like this . It was quite overwhelming.

"I'm sure we can stop along the way if you"- "Mrs Howell , thank you so much but I'd like to sit in the back with Dan"

Now , if the look on Dans mum was shock then the look on Dan was flabbergasted. "Y-you want to sit with him?" Dan mum stuttered anxiously

"Jeez mum it's not like a have a disease, sure I'm a teenager but his highness is too" dan growled . Dans mum shot a glare in his direction at his informal words , but she shook it off and looked back at phil.

"Your can sit with dan but it's going to be a little squished ... are you OK with that?"

Pfffft ... wayyy more than 'OK'

"It's fine mum" dan grumbled as he opened the passenger door sliding into the seat as his mum hissed at his 'obnoxious' tone .

Phil felt a bit out of place.

"Alright phil I will take your luggage and you can sit with ... Dan"

Phil nodded as Dan glared into space .

Phil slid into the seat next to dan , oh man it is tight...

"Hi Philip! Im Tom as my wife had mentioned. How's the old man? You know when I last saw you , you were this tall haha ! How did you get so big?! Does the farm grow peaches still? I heard that peaches are good in that area"- "Dad kindly shut up , he can't keep up with all those questions"

"As you can see Dan is quite the angsty teen so you'll have to ignore him" Dans father said to Phil , as if Dan wasn't even in the car .

"And as you can see both my parents hate my guts and talk too much" dan adopted his fathers tone as he said this and Phil decided it was best to just not talk .

"Are we ready to go then?" Jen chirped as she got the car started  "Yeah..." Phil trailed off when Dans thigh brushed against his own , and Phil had this squirmy feeling in his tummy.

Tom turned up this weird 70s music that he seemed to know every single word to and after 10 minutes of listening to it in traffic Phil thought he'd just about rather die. Dan seemed to be thinking the same thing , he pulled out his earphones and his iPhone going to Spotify .
Phil nudged him softly and Dan looked up from his phone , his big hazel eyes flickering as he looked at Phil , and all Phil could do was stare right back.

this staring competition went on for a good 5 seconds before Dan started to laugh.

"phil what do you want?" His tone was hushed so his parents wouldn't eaves drop

"Oh! Um..." phil remembered why he nudged dan in the first place .

"Can we share earphones?" Phil felt Dans eyes staring at him . "Do you have your own?" Dans question was quite logical but phil felt a small twist of hurt .

"No"
Phil lied
"Oh"
Dan popped one earphone in his left ear and the other in phils right
"Whatcha wanna listen to then?"
Dan asked in a whisper , a whisper that smelled like vanilla and tickled Phils cheek .

"Um anything"
Phil answered quickly so Dan wouldn't have to keep tickling his cheek with his warm vanilla breath

"K"
Dan turned back to his music and selected a playlist called 'lonely'