Escaping 15

How I wish it were only a dream.

Even now I still dream of you.

I brush the dust off from old memories.

Like returning home to retrieve a forgotten item.

In the end it was you who taught me that some hapinesses can't be reclaimed.

My dark, hidden past I dared not speak of, without you, they would have remained forever dark.

Even the sadness from that day, even the pain from that day, I loved it all, together with you.

The bitter scent of lemons remains embedded in my heart, I can't make my way home 'til the rain lets up.

Even now you remain my light.

**********

Months past, and as soon as Nikolai was released from the hospital, Yuri's new choreographer; Lilia Baranovskaya, made him and Yakov live together with her.

You lived with June and Nikolai, but not even a day pass, Yuri is already screaming for you to go with him to do his homework.

You gave in.

Until the Canada championship, Yuri went through hell training.

Yet, one day, he changed.

His movements became sharper and his aura became more indescribable. His eyes were sparkling, just like a soldier's

*********

The pen tapped onto the desk, his hand supported his chin as he leaned, his eyes were barely even open.

I sigh and bash him in the head with a pen.

He shots up, "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT WOMEN?!"

I roll my eyes and point to the question.

If you're gonna be like this, I'm not going to help you next time

"Yeah, yeah." He replies without an apologetic tone, "plus, you can do it for me. You've already—"

I smash the book onto his head.

"OK! OK! STOP YOU DAMN MUTE!"

Exams are coming up, along with the Canada championship, I know he stressed, I was in his shoes once.

We groan in sync and melt back onto the wooden chair.

"What should we do?"

Eat pirozhki?

"Grandpa doesn't have time and I can't be bothered."

...