Chapter 5: Dueling With Mr. Shirtless

Start from the beginning

“Is my hair really that bad?” he asks bringing his other hand up to attempt to fix it. Shaking my head I go back about my business, my eyes constantly glancing at his stupid body. Focusing becomes difficult as both of us steal looks one after another.

“Here, this injury will sting a little,” sternly pressing down on his shoulder blade I hear him let out a painful groan, cringing I apologize over and over again.

“I’m sorry, if there was something I could do to stop the pain I would.”  My back was facing him as I take the cotton and throw away the trash.

“Well there is one thing you could do.” His mischievous tone makes my body freeze and I nearly drop the bottle. Oh no. I don’t trust that troublemaker’s mind,but I try my best to play is smooth.

“Oh like buying you an elephant, capturing a fairy or catching a mermaid.”

Yes, smooth as crunchy peanut butter Mari, smooth.

“Uh no I was thinking more like…” The shuffling noises get louder as he approaches me, when I turn around I find him standing rather close inside my personal bubble. Not to mention he was still half naked.

“What is your request? I’ll try to do my best but no promises I’m no expert at anything.” I manage to stumble the words out.

“A kiss perhaps?” Daringly he steps forward while I step to the side. I know better than to get trapped, I am no easily manipulated animal. I cannot be caged, unless you left a trail of gummy bears leading up to a cage. But not this time, it was as if we both had turned into Jack Sparrow and William Turner at their first duel, encircling each other. Its not that I didn’t want to kiss Ryan, I did but I didn’t want to be easy prey. If Ryan wants a kiss he better work for it.

“Really? Well that’s not too difficult.” I step around a table making it our separating wall; taunting him I look straight into his eyes and lick my lips. The games have just begun.

Now you’re probably wondering how I become so outgoing after being an awkward chicken but he was practically challenging me! Growing up with wild children having to do races and play games actually made me quite competitive, but my favourite part of whole experience is the taunting and developing game strategies.

This girl’s got hardcore tactics, I’m talking about recording all my family members first choices at rock, paper, scissors and analyzing their most vulnerable weaknesses at cards. Since knowing Ryan, I’ve done nothing but observe him whether I like it (which I do) or not.  He was testing to see if I would blush, shy away then I would be caught off guard, that’s when he’ll go in for the attack.

“If it’s not difficult then why won’t pucker up? Scared?” Instead of snapping at his chicken remark, I smirked and ran my fingers through my hair, game on!

“You know what Ryan, I could take you on the table right now.” Finishing off my sentence with some lip biting action.

“Then why don’t you?” I could see he was holding in his laughter making the insecure side of me afraid that I look ridiculous but I push away the thought and rethink the situation. I’ve had loads of practice in the mirror I should be nailing it right? I could be a tease like Ryan.

“You’re leaving me waiting here?” Through my little mental pep talk Ryan managed to move up about inches away from me, nearly stepping on my toes. My heartbeat accelerated like a cheetah, and my cheeks began regaining more than enough colour. I can’t let this happen can I? Give up and kiss him? Would that prove I’m strong? A winner? That would be the right answer on a multiple choice test right?

If you are in close proximity with the opposite sex, in which he or she is challenging you to a who-will-make-the-first-move battle, do you:

a)      Kiss

b)      Friendzone them

c)      Come up with a good comeback

d)      Faint

Well in a teen romance I would lean in flutter my eyelashes and it’s go time! Though I hate to break it to ya but I really never liked those kinds of books. I’ve always thought the girl should of put up more up of a fight and make him work for it. That’s exactly what I’m writing in the story of my life.

Ryan was going for the pounce until I put my hand on his chest and use him as my balancing pole. I tiptoed as best I can to reach his ear in which I whispered, “I could take you on the table right now but instead I want to go take a bit of a sandwich.” With that we both burst out into a chorus of laughter.

“Well I’ve never gotten that response from a girl before,” as he spoke through joyful hiccups of air.

 “I’m not ordinary girl darling,” A smile spread across my features. After sending a quick wink toward Ryan I grab my things and head toward the door. Noticing I am without company I turn around to a puzzeledd man. “You coming?” I ask.

 “Coming where?” I really do confuse the poor guy.

 “To Subway, I told you I was hungry idiot. Let’s go!” Heading out the door with Ryan following shortly I halt at the doorway.

“Hey Ryan?”

“Yeah?”

“Don’t forget your shirt.”

**********************

Hey so my jokes have a lot of refernces from my obsessions like Jack Sparrow and William Turner I do not own the characters but they pose as metaphors. If you wanna be a little informed about some of my jokes you could google them I got no problem with that since not everyone is a nerd like me. I highly reccomend the Pirates of the Caribbean series by Disney if you want. xD

Personally I love them but maybe is that just me? If you do like the series comment you do if you like another series comment that too because movies are life.

Hope you liked the story! If you did please comment and vote because we all love each other.