The bell rang out and I flinched, picking up my book and leaving. Normally Lance made a habit of catching up to me in the hall to walk along side me and I think I even slowed my pace for him some days. He wasn't all that bad all the time.

I made my way to class alone.

Care of Magical Creatures and Defense Against the Dark Arts were both quiet and I was questioned in both, but no answers were given. I headed to Potions, worried again that since I was in a group with Lance I would have to converse with him. My throat had been tight all day and was only getting worse.

When I walked in Keith was already there and when he spotted me he immediately gave me an odd look.

"(Y/n) I'm so sorry if I--"

"You didn't. It was just the alcohol, I ran because I didn't want you to see me cry," I said, sitting in the chair next to him.

"Oh, okay. You okay? You look a little off."

"I'm fine," I said, quieting myself as Lance walked in with the bell. He sat down beside me and Professor Coran gave instructions for a potion.

Of course, Keith and Lance began to immediately fight, as Keith took control of the potion making

Of course, Keith and Lance began to immediately fight, as Keith took control of the potion making. I just sat in the middle, quiet.

"What are you doing?!" Lance asked, his hands on the table, leaned in front of me. He had intense hatred in his eyes and seemed to have forgotten I was here.

"Pouring?" Keith asked, as if it were obvious.

"We have to measure it first!" Lance argued and I admit Lance was right in that prospect.

"We're already behind! We don't have time!" Keith fired back. It was nearing the end of class so he was correct in that point.

Lance lunged forward, causing me to back up slightly as yet began to wrestle for the open vile, pushing at each other to get it out of each other's reach. Keith's grip loosened and I opened my mouth, holding out my hand to stop them when the vile dropped into the cauldron.

Lance and Keith jumped out of the way as it exploded all over me for being the idiot in the middle of them. The whole class looked over at us and Professor Coran seemed disappointed.

"(Y/n)! Oh my God I'm so sorry!"

"I'll get a rag!"

Both boys bumbled around like idiots and I just felt my lips quiver slightly, covered in an inky black substance. It dropped from my hair and my clothes. I wiped it from my eyes and flicked it violently on the floor.

"Excuse me," I muttered icily as I walked out of the classroom with clenched fists, so tight my knuckles were turning white. My teeth bit down on my lip to keep from yelling out profanities and I could feel my lip tear, but I didn't care.

I walked into the bathroom and shed my robe which had taken a lot of the fall. I turned on the sink and washed off my face and the front part of my hair which had been covered in the gunk. I pulled it back into a pony tail, knowing I'd have to wash it later.

My face was cleaned, but still sticky and disgusting, and I started dabbing the little parts of my uniform that had been covered in the mess. Once everything was gone I let out a pained sigh. I shut my eyes and took in a breath, focusing on my state, no matter how gross it was.

I felt myself get slightly calmer, and I picked up my messy robe to take back to the classroom. I reached the door and opened it, the whole class watching me.

"Are you alright (y/n)?" Coran asked and I nodded. "Here, I'll get your robe clean." He took the mess from my hands and turned back to his shelves to fix it up for me. I glanced at the lab table where Keith and Lance were cleaning up the chairs and floor, whispering harshly at each other.

"This is your fault," Keith hissed and Lance glared at him.

"You're the one who wouldn't measure it, it would've turned out shitty."

"Oh and it's not shitty now? (Y/n) probably hates me."

"Tell me about it." Lance scoffed and Keith glared at him. I guess they had been too busy bickering to notice me approach.

"Well I'm not a jackass to her," Keith fired.

"Shut up Mullet," Lance spat.

"Ahem." They both looked up at me with my arms crossed, looking pissed.

"(Y/n), I'm so sorry, I never meant to do that, don't hate me," Keith said. Keith had been rather apologetic lately, and it was weird, but I guess he was just sort of afraid to lose me. I know I wouldn't want to lose a friend like him.

"I don't hate you. It's just, can't you guys act civilized in this class so this doesn't happen again?" I asked, cringing at the sticky feeling that I was now stuck with.

"Yes, sorry," Keith replied and went back to scrubbing the floor.

"Yes, I'm sorry too," Lance added and I just stared at Keith's hand scrubbing at the floor with a rag. Lance's gaze lingered on me until I nodded in response and they cleaned until the bell.

I hate Mondays.

~Calymari