Chapter 30

Maddie's POV

Caroline is at school, and Gabby came over to stay with Allison while we are at my doctor. She doesn't know where we are going, though. I'm sitting on the table at the doctor's. They just took some blood for testing, and we are waiting for the results. Caleb squeezes my hand and smiles at me, and I smile back at him. The doctor comes back, after what feels like forever, and says that the test was positive. After I schedule my next appointment, we leave, unable to contain the smiles on our faces.

"I can't believe it," I smile, sitting in the passenger seat.

"Me either," Caleb smiles widely, putting the key in the ignition.

However, my smile quickly fades. I feel my eyes watering so I look out the window, attempting to not let Caleb see, but it didn't work. He quickly turns the car off, and turns my head so I'm looking at him.

"Hey, babe, what's the matter?" He asks.

"I'm just scared," I cry, "I can't lose another baby."

"Hey," he says softly, "I know it happened that once, but that doesn't mean it will happen this time."

"I know, but," I look down, "I still blame myself for last time."

"Maddie, you can't blame yourself. You didn't do anything. It wasn't your fault," he says.

"There had to have been something wrong with me, Caleb," I cry a little harder, "there has to be, or nothing would have happened. What if it happens again?"

"I really don't think it will," he says, "Baby, I understand why you are so hard on yourself, but you have to remember what the doctor said. She said there's nothing wrong and that you would be able to have another baby. And look now, we're having another baby."

"We're having another baby," I repeat, my smile returning to my face.

"I can't wait to tell the girls," he says.

"Me either," my smile widens, "let's tell them after Caroline gets home."

"Okay. We need to go get her now anyways," he says.

I look at the time, "Oh, yeah. We do."

When we get back home, Allison and Gabby are sitting on the couch.

Caroline goes over and hugs Gabby, "Hi, Aunt Gabby."

"Hey, sweetness!" Gabby smiles, hugging her back.

A few minutes later, the girls go upstairs. Gabby stays a little while longer, and Caleb goes to the studio to make up the time he lost when we went to the doctor.

I decide to not be subtle about it. I smile at Gabby, "So, ready to be an aunt again?"

Her eyes widen, "Huh?"

I nod, smiling, "We're having another baby."

"OH MY GOSH!" She stands up.

"Yep," I laugh.

"I can't freaking wait!" She hugs me, "who else knows?"

"Just you, so far," I answer, "I guess we'll tell the girls when Caleb comes home."

"I'm so happy for you guys," she smiles widely, "they're gonna be so excited to have a new sibling."

"Yeah, they can't stop asking about it," I laugh.

She leaves a few minutes later, and not long after, Caleb comes back home. We sit on the couch for a moment, and then he speaks, "Should we tell them now?"