Chapter 6

The doorbell went off around 10 AM and you answered it, finding Adelynn and Nina standing on your porch.

"We have arrived, let the party start." Nina said as she walked in and you smiled a little, shaking your head.

"No more talk about parties, please. What'd your parents say when you decided to skip?" You asked, changing the subject. The topic of parties always brought you back to last Friday night, worry stemming in your stomach.

"Didn't tell them, I just drove off this morning like usual and came home after they left. Easy." Nina explained and turned the tv on, flipping lazily through the channels before deciding that Netflix was the best bet.

"They didn't really care. One skip day isn't that bad, is it?" Adelynn asked.

"Especially when it's long overdue. I don't think I could've gone back in this morning and stuck it out the whole day." You admitted and they agreed. No one really wanted to talk about what happened and you weren't going to explain. It was too fresh in your mind right now.

The rest of the day went by slowly and before you knew it, it was almost 3 in the afternoon. You three had done nothing all day but it was a good nothing. You needed to spend some downtime away from everyone at school.

Around 4 your phone began ringing and you picked it up, looking at an unfamiliar number as it flashed on your screen. You furrowed your eyebrows and Adelynn raised an eyebrow.

"Who is it?" She asked and you shrugged.

"I-I don't know. I don't know this number." You said and looked over at Nina.

"Answer it. Just do it, who cares?" Nina said and grabbed a handful of popcorn from the bowl on the table. You answered it and brought the phone up to your ear hesitantly.

"Hello?"

"Is this, uh, (Y/N)?" A timid voice asked, once you recognized but just barely. It wasn't Aaron, that's for sure.

"Yes, may I ask who's calling?"

"Oh, shit, sorry. This is, this is Dillon. Dillon Rupp, from school?"

You felt your face heat in anger and embarrassment as you put the voice to the name. Dillon.

"What do you want?" You asked curtly, feeling anger building in your chest. You wanted to hang up on him but you weren't as rude as him and his friends.

"I uh- I just wanted to say sorry, you know? I feel really bad about what happened and it got way out of hand and I'm just really sorry this all happened."

You didn't say anything. You couldn't tell if he was joking or if he was being sincere and the confusion only added to the growing knot in your stomach.

"Are you still there?" His voice came through your phone speaker and you nodded before realizing he couldn't see you.

"Yeah, yeah I'm still here."

"I just..I honestly feel terrible about what happened and I heard you started crying because of what Aaron said and I'm sorry. Shit, I didn't think things would go this far.."

"How far did you think things would go, Dillon? Honestly."

"I-I just thought things would cool down after a while like they always did. Aaron's driving himself crazy over you, he thinks this is..is a game, kinda."

"A game? My life is a fucking game to him?!" You said, outraged. Nina and Adelynn were watching you intently now, wanting to hear the other half of the conversation.

"No, that's not what I meant..well, sorta. I don't know. I just feel so bad about how upset you guys got and how far Aaron and all them took it and it's eating me alive."