Raise a Little Hell - Part 3

Start from the beginning

"Wouldn't it just be easier to... move on?" You bit back the words as you said them, but they just kept on coming.

"Because, Varian its been years," you put your hands on his, and he flinched, "and both of our lives would be better without this constant burden. We could travel, go places and see things. You could get a job as an alchemist, you cou- you could do so much more! You could have a life-"

"I can't have a life until my fathers has been avenged," he spat, "they took him from me, and I'll make them pay. I'll make them all pay, and anyone who stands in my way!"

You recoiled, looking hurt.

He widened his eyes.

"Wait.. no.. (Y/N) I didn't mean-"

"Oh I think you made it perfectly clear what you mean, Varian."

You spoke his name with such force that he physically moved away from you. His hands shook as he reached for you, but you pulled away.

"I'm going to bed," you announced, and took yourself off into the corner of the cave.

You curled facing the wall, and hid your face in your hands, tears streaming out your eyes and a sob lingering on your tongue. You couldn't let him hear you, but you figured the shaking of your small body might give him some clue. Good. Let him know you were in pain, then maybe the goddamn boy would come to his sens- wait what was he doing?

Suddenly a pair of arms wrapped around you, and a torso pressed up against your back. A face buried itself into your neck, and you could feel his breaths mirroring yours. You stiffened.

"I'm sorry, (Y/N)," Varian whispered, muffled through your hair. He tightened his grip on you, burying his face further into your locks.

"Truly... I... I'm just mad. You're right, it would be easier to just walk away but... I can't. I don't know why, but I can't leave him," he said, his voice breaking as he spoke. You held your breath.

Varian was crying.

It had been months since you had broken him out of jail. Months you had spent with him, and you had never heard any of this. He had always been this untouchable thing, this moody, awkward force that followed her. He had never shown any sign of emotion, until recently. And... here he was. Crying. You unfroze and turned around in his grip to face him.

His face wasn't red, and tears weren't streaming out of his eyes. But... he still looked devastated. 17, going on 18. He was still a boy, and you were just a girl, and together you had endured more pain that anyone should ever endure in a lifetime. You held out your hand and placed it on his cheek, which was warm, and rubbed your thumb against it. He blinked against your touch, and a tear fell onto your hand. It broke your heart.

"Come here," you said and pulled him closer to you.

You wrapped your arms around him and his around you, your torsos matched like puzzle pieces, like they belonged there. Your foreheads were pressed together, your noses touching, so close that you could feel his ragged breaths on your face. You sat up, pulling him with you, and rested his head on your shoulder.

"Varian, come with me," you said as you played with his hair. He sniffed.

"I know it's hard, but getting revenge on the princess won't help your dad," you spoke, the truth falling out of your mouth like a waterfall.

It was powerful, and erosive, and it couldn't be stopped. Varian leant into you, listening, and let out a long, shuddery breath.

"We could go far away from Corona, into a different kingdom with a different princess. Don't let her keep you here," you said, the last sentence like a sucker punch to both of them, but still you carried on.

"Don't let her control you."

Varian looked up at you and straightened his posture so that it was you leaning against him. He put his arm around your shoulder and pulled you closer, resting his head on yours, which was on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry, (Y/N)," he said again, and as a tear fell from his face you could tell he meant every word. You closed your eyes.

"I know, Varian, I know," you reassured.

"Will you stay with me?" Varian asked coyly, his voice small. He meant tonight, in a sense, but you caught the second meaning.

"Of course, through anything," you said raising your head to meet with his.

Varian stared at you, his blue eyes swimming with tears, his cheeks red and his lips.. his lips..

You couldn't quite focus on anything other than them.

And neither could he.

You stared at his mouth, which was open slightly. You stared at his two front teeth which you could see through the gap. You looked at his lower lip, how it was angled downwards slightly.

You stared at each other.

And neither could look away.

You felt your eyes closing, and instinctively you leant forwards and met Varian's lips as they connected with yours, your lips moving in unison, your hands cupping each others faces. You pushed your face against his so that you could feel the rising heat in his cheeks, so that you could feel the wetness of his cheeks as the tears kept on coming.

Varian pulled one of his hands away, and put his arm around your waist, pulling you onto him in a pose mistaken as intimate. And it was in a way.

You caressed his cheek as you both kicked your legs softly against the pressure, a moan escaping your lips. Varian moved his other hand from your face and put it in your hair, wrapping the (H/C) locks around his fingers, entangling them around him. You laid your forearms on the ground so that you were closer to him, and played with his hair.

Varian started to bite your bottom lip, pulling it away and letting it fall back into place. He brought his hand around your neck, and down your shoulders, and across your back. You were out of breath, but you didn't want to stop. Smiling, you rolled away from the wall, placing Varian on top of you. He didn't get to have all the fun. Before you could reach up to him, he placed his hands round your neck and pulled you onto his lap, never breaking the kiss. You bent down on him, your hands in his hair and on his neck and on his back and face and chest. You felt him, and you never wanted to let go. Varian let one of his hands go so that he could stabilise himself against you, placing it behind him and letting you fall further into him.

Eventually, you both had to pull away.

Breathless, your hair a mess, you stared at Varian. His lips were still parted, and slightly puffy, and his tears had dried from his face. He wasn't smiling, but you could see the happiness in his eyes. However, mostly he looked in shock. Neither of you really knew what to do. Finally, you broke the silence.

"So we're dating now, right?" You confirmed, biting your lip. Varian laughed.

He lent forwards and placed his warm lips on yours for a much more innocent kiss.

"Absolutely."

----------------------------------------------

Hoooolllly SHIT!!! That got saucy very fast, and seeing as I'm inexperienced in such matters, I hope I did good. Well, I did say there was a reason the two of them were going to be slightly older, and I think making out is legal at 17? I think? But this is set like 200 years ago sooo.

I think this is gonna turn out like a short story, so I might copy it into a separate fic if it gets too big. I have a lot more ideas, for fluff, angst, smut etc so stay tuned. I think I'll take a break and write something more innocent and fluffy next, another oneshot, but expect a part four very very soon. Okay bye!

- Will

(btw, am I writing from a girls perspective okay? I mean, I am bi, but its different describing from a females perspective).