|01| Meeting Him

Chapter - 01
Meeting Him

*************************

" There , all done " The middle aged lady exclaimed as she finished braiding her daughter 's long silky cascading raven hair into a braid. The hair was braided into a classy elegant bun with few strands which fell over the young girl 's sculpted face.

" Oh wait a minute! " Her mother said and hurried out of the room as the girl's brow's furrowed in confusion.

Minutes later she came back rushing with a handful of beautiful roses. She placed it carefully on the braid , afraid of spoiling it. After finishing she heaved a sigh of contentment.

Her daughter was about to touch the strands of hair as it was tickling but only to be swatted away by her mother "Ouch! What was that for?" the girl asked her mother.

" You were going to ruin your hair. " Her mother scolded playfully as the girl shook her head with a smile and stood up from the wooden stool.

" You look beautiful " Her mother said as the girl twirled around.

The way the sequenced fabric flowed was elegant. It's strapless style revealed her collarbone and petite shoulders. It was flawless as it fitted her perfect femine body. The embellishment glistened as the silky gray gown draped past her toes slightly drifting from her legs.

She was interrupted by a familiar voice. " The carriage would be here any minute. " Her mother said and as a cue rumbling noises were heard outside their house.

The girl checked her reflection in the widely stood mirror one last time as she and her mother both hurried outside as they saw the carriage waiting.
" Well , be careful dear. " Her mother said as they both hugged eachother.

" I will Ma , take care. " The girl said and made her way towards the carriage. The coachmen opened the door as she murmured a quick "thank you" and was ready to go to the ball.

She waved one last time to her mother as the carriage took off and was out of the sight.

" I will miss you Celeste " Her mother murmured to herself as she heaved a sigh and went inside the home to do the leftover chores.

•••

As the carriage was moving Celeste 's mind drifted to the engagement of her bestfriend.  The engagement held at the Devlin 's mansion was the talk of town. The function was of happiness as it had been many years since the Devlin 's last celebrated. Soon her bestfriend Astrid would be marrying and this event would also introduce her fiancee to the higher society

Many influential people have been invited. The Elders, noblemen, human beings of higher society and more importantly the Lords of four Empires.

Her heart raced as she thought about Lord Calix. Ever since she was a little girl she was attracted to the Lord of Vaclya.

She met him in Astrid's mansion as he had business with her parents . He had patted her head in a friendly gesture but she found it heart fluttering. That was the first and last time she saw him but her heart longed for him.

She sighed and closed her eyes. There was no chance of meeting him she thought. After all he was a handsome man with young ladies fawning around him everytime.

She was startled when the carriage came to a sudden halt as the door was opened few seconds later by a worried coachmen. "What happend? " She asked him with concern.

" One of the horse's have been wounded badly. " The man said as Celeste 's eyes widened. She peeked outside the carriage and heaved of sigh of disappointment. She couldn't possibly walk in the muddy road in the gown. Even the mansion is very far from where they were.

" What should we do? " She asked with worry filled in her voice.
" We should wait until any other carriage arrives. That's our only option. " He said as Celeste heaved a sigh. She got down carefully with the help of coachmen as the cold breeze hit her. A shiver ran down her spine as she rubbed her hands together to keep it warm.

She closed her eyes as the breeze blowed , she heard the birds chirping in the distant as she found it strangely calming.

She opened her eyes as she heard rumbling noises. She saw a carriage coming in distant, maybe she could take a lift if the owner didn't bother. The carriage came to a halt as the door opened.

" What a beautiful lady like youself doing here ?" A husky voice asked. She was about to reply but her heart stopped when she saw the owner of the voice.

It was him.

-------