Chapter 27 - Falling In Love.

Start from the beginning

"Your changed. " I mumbled while nodding my head rapidly as I eyed him. He smirked and turned to look at me. 

He gazed me intentionally and our gaze met but the next minute, I looked away, felling terribly disgusted.

Only my husband, holds eye contact with me. My brain admitted and I agreed right away.

"Your married. " he mimicked my tone.

"Happily married, actually. " I added after him and I felt him staring me.

"We can still be friends, right? " he asked.

"Of course, we can. " I answered and for the next 20 minutes, we had a very pure friendly conversation.

He seems to understand the fact that I'm married and talked to me as if he really appreciates me as a friend.

I wish Nathan's here because they would have been good friends if they had mingled like I do with Darren.

I missed him. I missed him beside me even I have a company right now. My eyes voluntarily glanced around and as God had granted my thought, I saw him. My husband, Nathan, looking around for something keenly. His eyes scanned every person on the beach and I could even see the anxiety he's into through this dim lights.

"Oh, my husband's here. " I mumbled and stood up from the bench to approach him.

"Nathan? " I called out his name while slowly walking towards him and once he heard me calling, his eyes landed on mine as his feet padded fastly to me.

He hugged me tightly and I was stunned for a moment. Is he okay?

"Hey, are you okay? " I softly asked as I patted on his back.

"Where have you been? I was worried. " he uttered in his low tone, which sounds more like a baby tone to me.

"I came for a walk. You were busy in a work call so I thought...I could give you some space. " I murmured while still patting on his back.

"I don't need space from you, Ishita. You were away for more than half an hour though. " he whined like a kid and I giggled.

"Fine, I'm sorry. But wait, you could have called m- " I was stopped in track when I found out that I didn't even brought my handphone with me.

He pulled away and frowned at me, "Which you left in our room? "

It's time for me to smile innocently as I put back a single hair of mine behind my ear. I apologized, "Sorry, I forget to bring it along. "

"It's okay. Just don't do this again or at least let me know of where your going, okay? " he said with seriousness while cupping my cheeks and I nodded right away.

In our moment together, I completely forgot this person behind me and I was aware of it when I saw Nathan's eyes hardening as his gaze traveled over my shoulder.

Can I say that Nathan is jealous over Darren? Well, what happen today at the food stalls might explain that question. His sudden approach of loveliness when I was interacting with Darren had said it all, isn't it?

"Oh, Darren. Sorry, he was just being a kid after I left him for only half an hour. " I laughed as I said so and Nathan was embracing me sideways.

"I can see that. Nice meeting you again, man. " Darren greeted as he extended his hand and they shooked hands.

We had some mild conversations before I yawned once and my husband insisted us to call it a day. We said our farewell and we went back to our room.

I sat on my bed as I decided to lay down with my casual clothes on and Nathan slipped under the comforter beside me. My eyes went close and I felt his presence nearing right close to me.

"What are you doing? " I asked softly with my eyes still closed, my body clinging to the comforter.

"Urmm...nothing. " he stammered and I felt him twitching away immediately.

I peered my body to face him and my brows knitted together as I frowned at him, whimpering, "Tell me, Nathan. I'm already sleepy. "

"Urmm...that's alright. You go to sleep, I'm so- " he was saying as he scooter away hesitatingly and I couldn't get more frustrated right now.

"Nathan, tell me right now. " I sternly uttered and his eyes stared at me with naivety.

"Can...we just cuddle? We are going to be cuddling anyway...I mean, without our knowing for sure. So...why not- " he gapped one by one and I gave him my answer right away as I couldn't battle to stay awake any longer.

"Okay. " I pronounced and lay back on my former position.

"O-Okay? " I heard him asking.

"Yes, now cuddle me and let me sleep peacefully...can you? " I spoke and the next minute, I felt his arm sliding over my waist as he pulled us together.

I smiled on contentment and as I felt his hot breath on the back of my neck, I had shivers running through my spine line.

"Good night, wifey. " Came his soft murmur and I replied, "Good night too, hubby. "

And I knew that I'm really letting myself to fall freely in love with this man, despite the agreement we signed.