14 ~ This is how it could be

I woke up, the sun beaming through the little window in the room Sierra had given me and Theo to sleep in for the night. The heat of the sun was burning on my skin and she shirt I was wearing was wet from all the sweating I had done while I was sleeping. Probably a nightmare, or just an intense dream. Luckily it didn’t wake me up and I couldn’t remember anything, I needed my sleep badly.

I stood up, a little too soon, I realized, when my vision became slightly blurry and a heavy headache came up. After a while I stood back up and walked to the end of my bed, Sierra had placed some clothes there for me to have. I slipped them on and walked to the bathroom, brushed my teeth and hair, making it look as presentable as it had been in weeks.

I walked downstairs, slowly, and heart laughter and the sound of eating. As I came closer I saw everyone having a laugh and I reminded myself that this could be what freedom feels like. This is how it is going to be when we break free to Europe, to the free part of this world. And I couldn’t wait.

Finally they noticed me and I must’ve looked crazy, smiling at them, at this.

“you’re awake, finally. Come sit with us.” Theo said and motioned for me to sit next to him. I took the seat and Theo’s arm immediately went around my back, pulling me to him a bit more. I felt his body heat radiating through his shirt, like its meant to warm me and let my heart race in an unhealthy speed. “you were sleeping so peaceful, I didn’t want to wake you up” Theo spoke in my ear, his breath tickled me. All I could do was nod, I felt like if I say too much or do too much, I’ll drift away, onto the ground, falling asleep.

My head hurt so much, it was probably just the heat fooling me around. Or the lack of sleep.

“are you all right? You look pale” not again, I thought. It had only been a week or so since I was really sick and I didn’t want to be again. Like ever.

Respond.

“I’m just overwhelmed, I guess. By all of this traveling and pushing my own limits. And the warmth isn’t really helping. Also thinking about my shoulder and what it must look like, makes me nauseous” it was just yesterday that Sierra saw me as an animal and decided to shoot me. Lucky for her she is so sweet and helpful.

I leaned more into Theo’s body, my good shoulder against his chest. He wrapped one arm around me more, carefully not to hurt me and kissed me on the top of my head.

No one really seemed to notice us, or to care, everyone was wrapped in their own little world. Eating the food that Sierra’s mom had made for us gratefully. We all knew that this was the best that we were going to have in weeks, months maybe.

“you need to eat something” Theo said eyeing the food, “here take this” he leaned forward and handed me a piece of bread. I took and said thank you before eating it. I also took some soup and fruit, really it was heaven on a table.

“so what’s the plan?” Ansel asked and stuffed another piece of whatever into his mouth.

“well in an hour, or two, when you guys are all ready and I made some food for you to take with yourselves, I’m going to drive you to mountain haven. It’s really not even a mountain or something, but someone still called it like that anyway. Isn’t that funny?” Sierra laughed, but no one seemed to find it funny. She looked ashamed, probably thinking that we thought she was stupid. I pitied her, somehow.

“that’s really weird, why didn’t he or she just call it no mountain, right?” I said and Sierra laughed at my joke, which really wasn’t even a funny joke. But it seemed to make her more comfortable, and that was nice.

“people aren’t so smart these days, but I guess that person had a good reason for it” Theo said beside me, telling it with more meaning than he probably intended to. We all knew that. It wasn’t smart of us to escape to another country, but it also wasn’t smart to stay. But we all had our reasons for it in the end, and only those seemed to matter. It was a dumb and smart idea at the same time.

After a long pause of silence, Theo decided to speak up again; “well, let’s get ready then, alright” and I somehow knew everyone was thinking about what was going to happen today. Everyone was doubting and nervous, Theo too. I suddenly felt the urge to take him into my arms and kiss his fear away. To feel his breath against my mouth and his arms around my waist, holding me tight.

I also wanted him to reassure me that today was going to be fine, even though he had done that less than twelve hours ago. I wanted to hear it again, no I needed to hear it again.

“Theo-“ I started but I got interrupted by Shailene telling us that we needed to get our things together, we didn’t have much time.

So Theo and I went upstairs and grabbed our bags and started stuffing things in it, just like Ansel had stuffed bread into his mouth moments ago. It was a weird comparison, but it made me think of that.

---

Song: Ed Sheeran - take it back. it has nothing to do with the chapter, but it's just amazing. And he's the cutes. agreed? agreed.

So I KNOW this is the shortest chapter ever.. I'm really sorry. BUT i have reasons. I just came back last night from France with my dad, it was awesome! so now I'm really tired and i just got at my mom's and now I'm already packing my stuff for another two weeks in France with my mum and my four best friends and their moms... I know pretty awesome! and I'm already going tomorrow morning.. so this is it for the next to weeks, because I don’t have any wifi.

Well, I’ll seeee ya!

Pls pls pls pls vote and comment and share this story with all your friends and followers on twitter and stuff!