~ Frequently Asked Questions ~

F.A.Q.

Who are you?

Well, I can't answer for the vice president, but I'm an aspiring author, as I feel most that use Wattpad are. I want to grow and develop myself to one day be published, and I'm aware that's a long way away.

 Why should I join?

 Most clubs on Wattpad, I can't say all because I haven't looked at every single one, emphasize pairing people up. This is all well and good and works for the most part, but the issue is a lot of people will have the first few chapters of their work reviewed, and the rest do not get as much acknowledgment. Those that have written a lot for their books know this frustration because it's essential we know how the entire story feels to someone and not just the beginning. You can have a powerful beginning and a sagging middle, and not realize it because readers don't really make it that far. We aim to be different by focusing on the different circles that get to focus on different stories and their progress. 

Why a circle group? Doesn't that mean it will take forever for people's books to get chosen?

 This could be a valid concern. It really depends on how people respond to this. As the group gets larger in number there will be more circles that break out. If they so choose, they could have various difficulty settings where they can focus on more or fewer chapters per month, and each circle will be reading a different book.

How do you decide which book to focus on?

 I don't. I use a random number generator from random.org. Each book will get a numerical value, and each extra ticket its own number as well. So, when the generator gives me a result, that will be the book that is chosen. The results will be included each month so everyone knows the process is fair.

How do I earn tickets?

 You get tickets for doing your monthly reading, and then extra for doing the Author's Corner and Red Quill. You can also get extra by doing past readings, Author's Corners, and Red Quills!

Doesn't that mean some books will never be chosen?

 It can make it take longer, yes. But not never. I will keep documentation on what each circle has read and is reading. Since there have to be sets of 5 chapters available for the circle to read at a time, they will make progress through a story and move onto another one in time. Also, there will be extra challenges and events where people can choose to read from a list and get extra tickets for the pool.

Red Quill?

 Yes, each month, maybe even a few times a month depending on what kind of theme the month has, we'll review a Youtuber's advice on writing or one of the many writing blogs and advice it gives and then share our own experiences and what we feel is good or even bad about the information.

 Tickets? Pools? Circles? This sounds complicated.

 It's one of those things that is easier to understand as you get into and see how it works. The pool is what I call the list that will have all the available books inside. As mentioned before each will have a number assigned to it, and if you have an extra ticket your book gets an extra chance. "Tickets" just mean an additional opportunity per activity or challenge you complete. Some months will be busier than others and offer more chances while others will just have the basic tasks.

How do I keep up with everything?

 We have a Discord! If you need help, reminders, or just want to chat, just go to: https://discord.gg/ptcxcBe

Are there any penalties for being inactive?

 Yes. The most basic thing you have to do to stay active is to read the five chapters that your circle was assigned. If you do not complete your monthly chapters (and have not informed us that you cannot participate that month), your book will not get placed in the next pool, and you will earn a strike. If you have three strikes, you will be kicked from the book club. But you can always get strikes removed by being active! And even if you are kicked out, you can come back later after doing some extra reading!

 What if I don't have a book and I'm just a reader? Can I still join?

 Sure you can! Obviously, the club won't benefit you the same way, but you can still learn from the discussions going on and enjoy the works the members share here.

What if I want to leave the club?

  All you have to do is message myself or April. We will be sad to see you go, but we understand! Your book will then be removed from the pool. I won't kick anyone out of the club unless they have three strikes or end up being a toxic member who ignores warnings.

 Toxic?

 Yes, we will not tolerate any bashing of any member or work. There's a world of difference between constructive criticism. 'I don't like this scene because' vs. 'this sucks.' This club seeks to build up authors and give them viable feedback so they can grow.

' This club seeks to build up authors and give them viable feedback so they can grow