Chapter Twelve

Louis' P.O.V.

After we sat in the waiting for two and half hours finally a doctor came out...and this one was actually about Niall and Haddie. Harry's head snapped up at the sound of footsteps and he jumped out of his seat just to see if it was about them. Zayn, Liam, and I followed behind him.

"Niall Horan and Hadleigh Connor's gang?" He asked, holding a clipboard. We all nodded vigorusly. He flipped through some papers on his clipboard. 

"Hadleigh will be waking soon. Niall is still under anesthesia. You are free to visit both." The doctor told us this and then led us to the rooms. They were lucky to get them on the same floor, but they were still four rooms down from each other. 

"I'll go in with Haddie." Harry volunteered.

"Yeah I'll go with Harry and you two can go sit with Niall. We'll switch after a while." I said. They all nodded. But before Zayn and Liam left down the hall, I added "Liam, you still texting Danielle directions?" I asked. 

"Yeah they're close. They got lost a few times." He told me.

"They're girls...what do you expect?" Harry said, a lame attempt at a joke. We just stared at him. He looked down and then turned to the door and slowly opened it. Zayn and Liam headed in the other direction to go sit with Niall while Harry and I entered Haddie's room. 

She was hooked up to some machines but she looked like she was sleeping normally. She was actually pretty sprawled out. She didn't have anything but an IV in her arm. She had a few bandages and some bruises but she looked relatively fine. We still weren't completely informed on what had happened. We just know they ran off the bridge. Which didn't tell us that much. Only gave us cause to shit our trousers with worry.

Harry just moved to her bedside and gently brushed her arm with his hand. He looked at her almost...longingly? He was barely smiling and his eyes almost sparkled. I never saw that look with Harry before. I walked to the other side of Haddie's bed and shot glances at Harry when I could. He looked at Haddie like she was a princess. He looked at her the way Niall usually looks at her. And we all know just how in love that boy is with Haddie. It almost makes you wonder...

"Harry I've got to ask you something and you've got to answer me completely honesetly." I told Harry. He looked up and kind of frowned.

"...okay?" He said. I cleared my voice.

"Do you fancy Haddie or something?" I asked him. He looked taken aback by the comment. He looked at me skeptically.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He replied.

"Just answer it, Haz." I said defiantly. Harry looked back at Haddie and his hand made its way down her arm to her hand. He gently grabbed it. 

"I don't know..." He replied softly. With that simple comment and his body language said everything I needed to know. 

"You love her don't you." I said. Harry looked back up at me. He looked like he was about to deny it and fumbled for his words, but he just looked back down at Haddie. 

"I said I don't know." He replied. I shook my head and looked to the side. 

"Harry...Niall's in mad love with her. Don't try and take that away from him." I told him sternly.

"Oh like I tend to do that or something?" Harry retorted, getting upset with me. I shoved my hand up in my brown hair. I started to get a little mad at him.

"Harry you're like everyone else's favorite. Okay? You get girls left and right and you know for a fact Niall had been waiting for his princess forever. And if he's finally found her...then you should back off." I told him. Harry just shook his head and refocused his attention to Haddie.

"I'm not stealing Haddie away from Niall. I never said anything. Just because I think I might have some old feelings for her doesn't mean anything." Harry said. He looked back up at me. "We've been friends for a long time. It's hard to determine friendship-love with actual love." He said.

"Oh so that's your excuse? You can't tell if its 'friendship-love' or 'actual love'? Harry come on. It's not that difficult. Ask  yourself, do I really want to be with Haddie? Yes or no!" I told him. Harry looked conflicted as I said this. His green eyes darted here and there, as if he were scanning something in his brain. He looked back up at me, this time his eyes were desperate. 

"Louis...I really don't know." He said. And then I felt compassion for him. I returned my gaze to Haddie. I swear I saw her eye lid flutter. I brushed it off. She was still asleep. 

"Harry..." I said, releasing a deep sigh. He looked up to me and we met each other's gaze. "I'm sorry mate but...just let Niall have her. He really does love her." I told him. Harry nodded. He bit his lower lip and looked again at Haddie.

"He suits her. They get on really well...I'm happy." Harry told me. I just smiled. There was a few moments of silence until Harry looked back up with me, with wide eyes. "Don't tell anyone." He said. "I mean it Lou." 

"I won't." I told him with a smile. "You can trust me. No one else will know..."

*****

Haddie's P.O.V.

"No one else will know...." Louis said. Did that all just really happen? I had heard everything from when they walked into the door until now...I felt everything but I most importantly heard every word Harry spoke. What did this mean? Harry...Harry was in love with me too?!

*********************** AUTHOR'S NOTE *************************

Hope you liked it!! :D I'll update again probably tomorrow and we'll learn what's going on with Nialler(: VOTE! READ! COMMENT! please and thank yooooooooou! love you all! :D

-Kate xx