Teamwork

[Matt]

My face hurts.

[Colby]

..........

I'm not saying anything until I have more context.

[Matt]

My face hurts. Back by my ears. My jaw?

[Colby]

You might need a dentist buddy.

"Really?" Matt muttered, absently stirring a boiling pot of egg noodles. "A dentist?"

[Matt]

WTF do I need one of those for?

[Colby]

Ask your partner about his wisdom teeth.

He stared at his phone, horrified. It took him several long seconds to respond.

[Matt]

FUCK. REALLY?

[Colby]

Probably.

Well shit.

It was the third day of the semester. He absolutely did not want to have to deal with this shit three days in.

[Matt]

What's my odds that it's not that?

Ask Devan.

Matt rolled a noodle on the wooden spoon and blew on it to cool it down enough so that he wouldn't scorch the skin off the inside of his mouth. A little too tough still.

[Devan]

Fortify yourself and get your ass to the dentist, Winchester. Chop chop.

He made a noise of disgust deep in his throat.

[Matt]

Rude

[Colby]

Them's the breaks, Matthew.

He tossed the phone onto the island, startling Monster. The cat chirruped at him.

"Sorry, buddy," Matt murmured, reaching over and stroking Monster's fur between his ears.

He was sitting down to a rather plain dinner of egg noodles and butter when Toph came through the front door. "How was dinner? How's Danny?"

"Eddie O's is always good, and Danny's got this mutual pining thing going on with this guy in our history class that they're apparently continuing from last semester." Topher came around the island and pressed a kiss to Matt's cheek only to draw back sharply. "You feel okay? You're a little warm."

Matt swiveled to look at him fully. "You had your wisdom teeth out when we were sophomores, right?"

"Sophomore spring." He rubbed under Monster's chin.