Capper

Capper ran out to the platform,scarier than ever.His eyes were a deep green,his fur copper,and he was now wearing a red jacket.He smiled as he picked up a bird from its nest and said "Good morning.".The bird chirped, happy to see him. Capper grinned as he asked the little bird "Are you ready to fly?".The bird chirped,uncertain.He said "Give it a try.".The bird started to rapidly flap his wings,and began to hover.Capper showed him his hands,and the little bird chirped,happy.He then chirped a "Thank you.",before flying off.

As soon as it flew away,Pinkie Pie,and later Mullet,came to life.Pinkie Pie started to spit feathers out of her mouth."Yech,I thought he'd never leave!I'll be spittin' feathers for a week!".Mullet rolled his one eye as he said "Well,that's what you get for sleeping with your mouth open!".Pinkie Pie sarcastically laughed as she said "Hahaha.Oh,GO SCARE A NUN!!".She noticed the celebration below."Hey,what's happening,Capper?A hanging? A flogging?".

Capper said sadly "The Festival Of Fools. ".Pinkie yelled "Whoohoo!Pour the wine,and CUT THE CHEESE!!".Mullet said proudly "It is pleasant to watch the peasantry folk engage in activities. ".Capper said depressed "Yeah,watching." as he walked back in.

"Oh,look,a mime!".Pinkie prepared to spit at it,but Mullet covered her mouth and nodded towards Capper."Hey,what gives?" she asked. "I think he's sick.".Another gargoyle named Queen Novo said "Impossible.If listening to you two for 18 years hasn't made him sick,nothing will.".

"Watching the Festival Of Fools has been the highlight of the year for Capper." Mullet said,worried.Capper sighed as he said "I just don't feel like watching it.".Queen Novo said "What good is watching if you NEVER get to go!?!?" to Mullet.She then growled as doves flew onto her,and waved her arms,yelling "Buzz off,ya buzzards! ".She told Mullet,and Pinkie "He isn't made of stone,like us.".

She walked over to Capper,who was sitting by his table that represented all of Klugetown.She asked him "Hey,what's wrong?Come on,tell good old Novo about it. ".Capper said "I just don't feel like watching it,that's all."."Well,why not instead of watching, why not go to it?"."Sure,but I would never fit in.I'm not.....Normal."."Well,you are living.You have fur,breath,and the naval lint of a pony!Just get a clean jacket on,and a cloak,and go to the Festival. ".

"You all are forgetting one thing.".Novo said smirking "And what is that?"."My master,Chancellor Neighsay.".

"Oh.".

"Oh yeah.".

"He's right.".

Capper nodded."W-well,when he said to never ever leave the tower,did he mean "ever" ever?" Mullet asked."Never ever. He hates the Festival Of Fools!He would be furious if I asked to go.".Novo and Mullet smiled as they said in unison "Who said anything about asking?".Capper stuttered "Oh no!".

"You could sneak out-" Pinkie Pie started before being interrupted by Novo.

"Come on,its for a day.".

Mullet finished "And you can sneak back in.".

Capper bravely said "Okay.I'll go!".The gargoyles cheered.

"I'll march right down those stairs and-".

"You'll what,Capper?" Chancellor Neighsay said,raising an eyebrow.Capper gulped as he said "Chancellor Neighsay, sir!".Neighsay said "Who were you talking to?"."The gargoyles, sir."."What are they made of?".Capper sighed "Stone.""Can stone talk?".Capper shook his head. "Very smart,lad.Now,lunch.".

Capper set down two plates filled with food at the table,and sat down."Now,shall we go over the alphabet? ".Capper nodded."Very well,"A"?",Neighsay asked,pouring himself a drink."Abomination. " Capper said.

"B?". "Blasphemy.".

"C?". "Contrition.".

"D?"."Damnation. "

"E?". "Eternal damnation! " Capper said,becoming excited.

"F?".Festival! ".Capper covered his mouth as Neighsay spat out his tea in shock."Excuse me?" Neighsay asked,confused."Forgiveness. " Capper said.

"You said festival. " Neighsay said,shutting his book.

"NO!" Capper shouted.

"You were going to go to the festival.".

"You go every year!" Capper pointed out.

"I must go.I am a public official.You need to stay in here.".Neighsay sighed.

Capper nodded."I understand,Master.".He sighed as Neighsay left."My sanctuary.".He smiled."But....just for a little bit,I can be out there.".