Mustangs, basketball and Making it official

Unfortunately the next night I didn't get to see Chris. I worked late and he had gone with Scott to the driving range. Wednesday I had dinner plans with some of my college sorority sisters. And by the time I had gotten home and fell into bed it was too late for him to come over. Thursday when I had got home from work he texted me saying he was on a work call and would call me as soon as he was done. While waiting to hear from him I decided to go for a quick run. Quickly changing into a pair of  running shorts and a comfy tank top I grabbed a Red Sox baseball hat and pulled my hair up off my neck and into a pony tail. Slipping the baseball hat onto my head I grabbed my phone and keys before heading out on my run. When I got back I looked around my kitchen and having no desire to try and throw something together for dinner  I decided to ride over to my parents' house. My dad was out in the garage working on the 1971 Chevy Chevelle he was currently restoring. Cars are my dad's hobby and passion. He's rebuilt 3 muscle cars (not including the Chevelle) since I was a little girl and one hot rod from the ground up, with my help. We would spend hours out in the garage. When I was 10 he rebuilt a 1967 Ford Mustang. He sold the other 2 cars but kept the mustang and hot rod. Technically he gave me the mustang for my 16th birthday but it "lives" at mom and dads.

"Hey Dad." I walked into the garage and sat down on the stool next to the car whose engine he was in.

"Hey kiddo. Didn't know you were stopping by tonight."

I shrugged. "I was hoping I could join you and mom for dinner."

"Didn't feel like cooking?" He grinned at me.

"Guilty." I winced.

My dad chuckled. "I think moms got spaghetti started."

"Perfect!"

"Hand me that rag will ya?" My Dad pointed at old hand towel covered in grease. I grabbed it and tossed it to him. 30 minutes later I was sitting on the ground helping my dad who was now under the car.

The sound of a car turning into my parents driveways caused me to look and I couldn't hold back the happy grin when I saw Chris behind the wheel.

He climbed out and walked over to me. Tugging gently on my ponytail he forced my head back as he stood over top of me. Bending down he gave me a quick (upside down!) kiss on the lips.

"Hi." I smiled.

"Hi. Hi Mr. Lockwood." He said a little louder.

"Hey Chris. Why don't you stay for dinner?" My dad slid out from underneath the car and stood up. He wiped his hands clean before shaking Chris's hand.

"No I don't want to impose."

"Breelan did." My Dad laughed. "I'm gonna go wash up. I'm sure dinner is ready."

As if on cue the back-screen door to the house opened and my mom called out "Dinner!"

"Wow dad that was impressive." I commented as Chris helped me stand to my feet.

"30 plus years of marriage you start to figure things out."

I laughed as my dad jogged towards the house.

"Working on the car are you?" Chris turned to face me.

"Little bit. Mainly talking to my dad."

"You have grease right here." He took his thumb and gently swiped at my cheek.

"Thanks." I pushed myself up on my tiptoes to kiss him.

"You know this is pretty hot, seeing you work on a car."