She just looked at me. "How so?"

I shuddered a little. "To be completely honest, I've dated a few girls before,"

Queue strange but becoming familiar growl from Amber 

"-and far too many times I've met their parents. It's just really uncomfortable and I'm totally awkward and weird and-" I stopped my self. "Now I'm sounding like a wuss. Sorry."

"It's fine. Don't worry, it's also awkward for me when my dad has to... ya know." She said with a laugh.

Her smile faded when I tensed up. The thought of her dating some other guy...

'She is ours!' Xavier snarled out. It almost felt like he was pacing angrily, causing me to feel quite antsy.

'I know that, but what can I do about it? It's in the past I-'

'She is only ours! And there is no way in hell she will be with anyone else but us!' I could feel him getting angrier by the moment. More... possessive. It was actually becoming a little disturbing.

As if sensing my discomfort, Amber leaned into me, resting her head on my chest and putting her hand on my shoulder.

"Yours..." she whispered so lowly I almost missed it.

Xavier was calm, and even happy, immediately. What the hell?

"Ahem," Jack cleared his throat loudly. "You two know PDA is uncomfortably awkward to watch, right?"

"Really? I thought you'd enjoy the show," Amber teased him.

He scowled at her.

Before I could utter a single word, the bell for class rang, and we had to go. Amber pushed a piece of paper into my hand before kissing me and walking off. I watched her walk off to class, thinking to myself how much I would love to-

"Are you just going to stare at her or are you going to read the note. I mean, I know she's got a nice ass and all, but seriously." Jack said, chuckling.

I gave him a glare, to which he lowered his gaze. I unfolded the note Amber gave me, reading an address of one of the local restaurants and what time to be there. I smiled and headed to class on very light feet.

<*>

The man sighed, glancing at his watch.

where was that damned wolf?

If he didn't show soon, he might have to reconsider the terms with this guy. He watched the small café, wondering what normal people would be doing today. Usually, he liked to keep to himself, and out of the way. His whole team did. The only thing that ever changed that was when he hunted rouges. Unlike most Hunters, he only hunted the wolves that went rogue and caused problems. He had mutual respect for wolves in a pack, for they kept quiet and to themselves. He had even been hired by some packs themselves to hunt problematic rogues.

Emit hadn't always been this respectful. When his parents were killed in his teen years by a pair of werewolves, he had made it his personal goal to hunt them. He had eventually found the wolves that had killed his parents and avenged them in the end. But what he didn't expect to happen, was to end up on a pack's territory. There he found a she-wolf that claimed to be his mate. As much as he tried to fight it, he ended up falling hard for the wolf. She was his world, and he would do anything for her.

And that's why he was here now. Ariel, although not that high in the pack, was still a strong warrior, and was well respected. She was best friends with the Alpha's daughter, Amber, (despite her age) so she had a few benefits. They were traveling somewhere in Canada when she was sent a message from her former Alpha, saying how some rogues and Hunters had teamed up and were becoming a threat to her pack. So, being very skilled hunters, they came back to help her pack.