First Kiss

"(Name)! How's it with Levi?"

"Did you go on a date yet?"

"Oh my gosh, congratulations!"

"I never thought you were interested in guys like him!"

A horde of female scouts bombarded me with questions and comments. Every question that passed by made my cheeks flush even more.

"Uh, sorry, I can't answer all of the questions you guys have for me. I have to get going." I awkwardly squeezed through them, adjusting a loose harness on my waist. I could hear the girls behind suddenly lowering their voices into whispers. Turning, I give them a weird look as they whisper into each others' ears and point to somewhere in front of me.

"Cadet (last name)." A monotone voice calls out with a hint of amusement. Corporal Levi stands in a position I didn't expect. He had his arms spread out, welcoming me. Someone from behind shoves me towards him, urging me on. Ignoring the girls, I smile and embrace Levi as if we were the only ones around. Approving squeals and clapping followed.

"Tch, get back to what you were doing." Levi sternly says over his shoulder to the group of scouts. Their shuffling footsteps echoed as they left the hallway. Levi changed his tone right after they left. "Let's take a walk."

~~~

We walked outside through the training grounds as a cool breeze came from the north. It was past 8, but there was still some light out. The sun still peeked out a little above the wall, refusing to set.

We didn't talk the whole time while we were walking, so there was awkward tension. It was so quiet out that the only thing I could hear was the sound of our boots on the dusty gravel.

"Are you doing a decent job in the Survey Corps so far?" Levi finally speaks, walking closer towards me.

"Ah, yeah. The other squad members can't stop talking about us so it bothers me." I sighed. I couldn't help but stare at Levi's hand which was inches away from mine now. It was childish, but I did that thing where you brush your hand on someone else's and see if they hold yours. Levi noticed and entwined his fingers around my hand.

I let out a small gasp and felt myself blushing. Levi was staring directly at me, and I could see his tongue poking out a little to sweep over his top lip ever so slightly.

"H-hey, quit staring at me like that..." I stumbled over a crack on the ground, turning away quickly to look at the walls again.

"I have a good reason to." Levi suddenly stopped and pulled me towards him by the arm. He held me close to his body, my hands on his chest, his hands on my waist.

He took this opportunity to caress my cheek and touch my hair. I was feeling rather flushed, so I looked down so I didn't have to meet his dark eyes. He used his hand to push my chin back up towards his face.

"Don't look away. Let me see your shy face, (Name)." He whispered my name into my ear, and his hot breath tickled my neck. Oh god...

I swallowed and felt my heart quickening as he smirked at my reaction. Suddenly, Levi leaned in and pressed his lips rather roughly against mine. It was a little rough, but ever other part of his kiss was tender and gentle. I was taken aback of course, but eventually my eyes slowly shut and I let my hands rest behind his neck.

His lips moved skillfully on mine, which was quite surprising for a guy like him. He looked like the type who... you know. The type who doesn't interact with girls.

It felt like forever when Levi was still kissing me, his hands running down my back and stroking my hair. He finally pulled away, but let his forehead rest on mine.

"Why do you look so surprised?" Levi asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, I didn't think kissing you would feel that nice." I shyly mumbled, running my fingers over my lips.

"I'm not even finished yet." Levi suddenly held me tighter and went in for another kiss. Well, this might take a while.