Confessing to Levi

The first few weeks of being in the Survey Corps kept me pretty busy, because of the fact that there were plenty of titans for us to throttle. Maybe one too many.

After having dinner in the mess hall with my fellow squad mates, I went to go take a nice long nap.

Just as I was about to flop onto the bottom of my bunk bed, a flashback came into my head.

"Meet me in my office tonight after you've had dinner. That's an order." Corporal Levi smirked.

Right. Better get going. Hope this is more important than a nap.

But first, let me tell you what happened before Levi invited me to his office. Trust me, I could have died because of what I went through today.

~~~

When I joined the Survey Corps, I was lucky to be picked for Levi's squad. He seemed pretty satisfied as well. The first time I was out there, killing titans, well... Everything didn't go as planned.

"Captain! There is a horde of titans approaching from the west!" Eren Jaeger shouted, landing next to us using he 3DMG.

"Don't just stand there, idiot. Move out." Levi commanded. Everyone dispersed west to fight off the incoming titans.

Levi took off with his cloak flowing behind him and I followed closely.

An Abnormal nearly swatted me like a fly, but I maneuvered myself out of the way just in time. I skewered the titan's right eye and it growled in pain.

"This could have been quick and painless, you know. Oh well, it's your loss." I casually shouted into the howling titan's ear. I sliced the nape of its neck with both of my blades, sending blood splattering over my cloak and face.

"Messy job, (name). Still, not bad." Levi said as he passed by me.

"Sure Levi. Way to sneak in the compliment." I thought, smirking and wiping off the Titan blood as it evaporated. I trailed behind my squad as we made our way to the wall.

I landed perfectly on my feet on top of a house missing it's other half. At a distance, I could see the bald head of one of the stupid damn titans.

Just as I was soaring towards it, I felt myself free falling faster than a speeding bullet.

My 3DMG's tanks ran out of gas at that moment. Well, crap. I landed roughly on the cobblestone walkways below, hurting my ankle in the process.

"Dammit!" I winced in pain, clutching my leg. I shut my mouth when I heard thundering footsteps behind me. A large shadow from above drenched me in darkness and fear. Turning my head slowly, a titan with a wide smile on its face walked towards me.

A loud crash and debris followed ahead of me. A titan crawling on all fours was approaching quickly.

"No, please. I don't want to die, not like this!" I thought, struggling to get up. It was no use. My leg was sprained pretty badly. I closed my eyes tightly, waiting to be devoured.

I saw a flash of two blades pass by and the crawling titan fell face flat. Standing on top of the dead titan was Corporal Levi.

He spotted me from above and flew down. The other titan behind me was apparently too slow. Levi held out his hand as he got closer, and I grabbed it the moment he set his foot down beside me.

Levi carried me bridal style and maneuvered out of the titan's reach at the same time.

The rest of our squad was gathered on top of a tall tower, far away from any danger.

"(Name)! What happened?" Armin rushed up to me, a very worried look on his face.

"My 3DMG ran out of gas and I sprained my ankle." Levi was still holding my hand as he set me down to examine my leg.

"The rest of you, move east and north. Make sure every one of those titans are killed." Levi ordered. My squad mates saluted and flew off.

"(Name), are you okay?" Levi asked as soon as everyone was gone.

"The titans scared me out of my skin. I'm sure my ankle will be fine later." Levi looked into my eyes as he took off my boot. He carefully rotated my ankle in circles. I winced as he did so, but the pain began to subside.

"Tch, you could have died you know." Levi clicked his tongue. As he treated my ankle with one hand, the other still held mine. I could feel my cheeks slowly turning rosy.

"I know, but thanks to you. You kept me alive, Corporal." I shyly thanked him.

"Call me Levi. Whenever the others aren't around. Understand?" Levi's sharp eyes stared into mine. I nodded, continuing to watch him treat my ankle.

"Try standing now." Levi helped me up by the waist. I still had a slight limp, but it was better than nothing. Levi removed the gas tanks from my maneuver gear and replaced them with his extras.

"Thank you." I walked around, putting more weight on my sprained ankle.

"(Name). Meet me in my office tonight after you've had dinner. That's an order." Levi smirked.

~~~

I tapped my knuckles three times on the wooden door to Levi's office. I heard a faint 'enter' and I slowly turned the knob.

Levi was sitting in his desk, wiping off a small spot on it with a napkin. He looked up from his small cleaning session and raised his eyebrows at me.

"So you came, like I told you to." He stood up and strutted towards me. This is the first time I've ever seen Levi without his usual Survey Corps uniform. Only his button down shirt, cravat, boots, and pants remain.

"You wanted to see me, Corporal?" I asked, wondering if I was in any trouble.

"Yes. Why else would I ask you to come?" Levi walked out the door, gesturing me to follow.

I was walking side by side with Levi out to somewhere I never knew of. Connie Springer was walking by, giving us a strange look. Levi glared at him, and he quickly turned away.

I was lead out to an open field where a single large tree stood tall in the distance. The sky was a gradient orange and stars had already began to appear.

"Levi, why are we here?" I asked as I sat down against the tree. He sat next right next to me, scooting pretty close.

"I want to talk." He simply answered.

"About?"

"Anything. I just want to talk to you. Why, is there a problem?" Levi turned his stoic face towards me. I immediately shook my head. He crossed his arms, watching the grass move with the wind.

We talked and talked for what seemed like hours. Mostly things about ourselves and family. Levi was not as harsh as I thought he was. Well, he was not really like that to start with.

"(Name). You know, being part of the Survey Corps is dangerous. There are risks everywhere you go. You could lose your life. Try not to get too attached to anyone in the process." Levi's eyes looked softer than usual when he said that. Honestly, I was surprised to hear that.

"Levi, it's too late for that." I looked at my feet in embarrassment, a blush quickly rising to my cheeks.

"(Name)..." Levi moved in closer to me, not taking his eyes off mine. Before I knew it was happening, Levi pulled me into a tight embrace. His warmth was comfortable and eventually I had my arms around his back.

"You better promise me to stay alive then. It would be a pain. Losing someone you're attached to." His breath sent chills down my neck. Good chills.

The moon was clear in the night sky. It must have been pretty late by now, but I didn't care. Losing sleep for Levi is worth it.