#38 (Tom Holland) Singing

Start from the beginning

"What are you going to be singing?" he asked while in the car. "Um white blood by Oh Wonder." i mumbled while parking the car in front of the small pub.

I get out of the car, making my way to the trunk. I catch Tom running to my aid, helping me carry my guitar. We made it to the stage people had started to flood in.

I took some deep breaths, my heart rate picking up. "You'll be great." Tom rested a hand on my shoulder, smiling down at me.

I wish he could know how much that meant. I stare at the lyrics only now realising it would sound much better as a duet.

"Tom could you do something for me?" i nervously asked. "Anything, what do you need?" he sat down next to me on a stool.

"Can you sing with me?" i stare down at the paper not daring to make eye contact. He didn't answer for awhile.

I slowly tilted my head upwards to read him, i was meant with a huge smile. "I might make us sound terrible, but sure." i let out a sigh of relief.

I pulled him up to the stage, my guitar slung over my shoulder. I start reading the lyrics out loud. 

- -

"I'm ready to go, I'm ready to go." i started off.

"Can't do it alone, can't do it alone." Tom joined me hesitantly.

"I'm ready to run through the heat of the sun. Can't do it alone, can't do it alone." i strummed chords while, Tom kept his eyes on me.

"I'm ready to fall, so tired of it all. Down deep in a hole, can't do it alone. I'm ready to climb this mountain inside." Tom's voice lower than mine, ending in a perfect harmony.

"Impossible heights..." i sang out, now looking at Tom.

"Said you'd always be my white blood. Circulate the right love. Giving me your white blood. I need you right here with me." my cheeks heating up when Tom smiled at me.

"Said you'd always be my white blood. Elevate my soul above. Giving me your white blood. I need you right here with me." feeling my stomach explode with feelings.

"Here with me..." i softly hummed into the mic. I tuck a peice of hair behind my ear.

"I'm ready to go, I'm ready to go. Can't do it alone, can't do it alone.I'm ready to run through the heat of the sun.Can't do it alone, can't do it alone." i closed my eyes, tuning into the sound of my guitar.

"I'm ready to hope, swing me out of the low. Wide awake in the glow, can't do it alone. I'm ready to fly, uncover the light...Impossible heights." Tom's voice echoed through the room.

"Said you'd always be my white blood. Circulate the right love. Giving me your white blood. I need you right here with me." I felt a warmth on my leg, i looked down to find Tom's hand.

"Said you'd always be my white blood. Elevate my soul above. Giving me your white blood. I need you right here with me. I need you right here with me. Here with me." I saw a light pink shade on his cheeks.

I drowned out the audience, Tom and I the only ones here. It felt strange and new. I continued to play my guitar not having to think to hard about the chords that i strummed.

For a brief moment i remembered Harrison, what he would think of this. The thought got washed away by Tom pushing a strand of hair behind my ear quickly. Sending thousands of feelings more into my bloodstream. I turned back to the audience. I couldn't help but smile.

"Said you'd always be my white blood. Circulate the right love. Giving me your white blood. I need you right here with me." I forgot how my legs worked, giving in to the overwhelming feelings.

"Said you'd always be my white blood. Elevate my soul above. Giving me your white blood. I need you right here with me." I focused my eyes on to the back wall of the pub.

"I need you right here with me..." Tom grabbed my hand, holding it tightly.

The audience howled in applause. Clapping, whistling, yelling, seemed like they enjoyed it. Tom's hand still glued to mine, he stood up. I followed his movements.

We bowed, i glazed down at my money filled guitar case. I looked back up at the standing crowd, smiling. I walked off of the stage, adrenaline pumping through my veins.

"See i told you, you'd be great." He let go of my hand. I just stared at him for a short moment. I bent up and kissed him on the cheek, having to go on my tip toes. He frozen under my touch before grinning.

"I'm guessing that means i didn't do horribly?" he joked, making me laugh. "No, you sounded...really good actually." i shifted my weight between feet.

He took my hand back into his, looking at it. My tiny hand in his made me feel slightly inferior. "Your beautiful y/n." he mumbled. I was shocked at his words. "Wait.." i pulled my hand out of his.

He stared at me with a creased forehead. "W-what about Harrison?" my eyes attempted to focus on the ground. 

He saw my concern, engulfing me in a bear hug.

"I already talked to him, Haz understands that i can't help but feel this way for you. He was hesitant at first but i can see his point of view. Your his little sister, he just wants to protect you." he protectively shielded me from my doubt.

I returned the hug, breathing in his scent. "Do you want me to help you pack up?" he whispered carefully. I nodded into his shoulder. He let go after he was sure i was not going to fall on my own.

"Thank you Tom." i smiled, rubbing my eyes. "My pleasure." he pretended to tip an invisable hat on his head. I start packing up my guitar.

Tom helped me get everything into the car. I sat in the driver's seat with him next to me. "Do you want to meet at the café Friday?" he questioned. 

I smirk nodding slightly before, leaning over to kiss him on the lips shortly. "Well i would be very mad if you didn't offer." i mumbled, smiling like an idiot. 

A/n- This is was written a while ago when Chaos Walking was still being filmed. Also you guys can leave requests and thoughts in the comments if you feel like it :)