32. I don't have a horse

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Maybe in my freshman year when they stole my clothes after gym, and made me run into the hall... during  periods when literally everyone was there."

I internally slapped myself. I was not lightening the mood, if anything I was  dampening it much further.

"Nate- "

" It's fine. It was four years ago. It's my turn now." He clapped his hands, and his contagious large grin spread across his face.

"If you could be any animal what would you be?"

Without even thinking, I blurted out, "Lion!"

Nate closed his eyes and chuckled to himself, "Of course, can't picture you as anything else."

"What would you be?"

"A  wolf."

I mentally snickered at the irony and was about to comment on it when Nate waggled a finger at me, " Not so fast, that was your question. It's back to me."

"Fine! Bring it on!"

He nodded and then closed his eyes briefly before they flickered open slowly as he asked his next question.

"Alexa, would you be my girlfriend?"

Time seemed to freeze then. The chirping of the birds, rustling of the trees and bushes and the squeaking of the old swings all seemed to cease.
All I could have heard was the thundering of my heart, and all I could have felt is the way my stomach leapt and jolted in excitement, as Nate's intense stare burned through me.

"I get it if you're hesitant because of how rocky things are with us seeing each other, but- I just- I really love you Alexa, and I want to be able to officially call you mine. I just want to make you happy, for us to be happy."

"I am happy," I said, as I raised my hand to place on his cheek.

"You haven't answered the question," Nate pointed out with an uneasy chuckle. His brows were furrowed together and he was gnawing on the corner of hip lip anxiously.

I abruptly leaned over and tackled him so that he was sprawled across the grass and I was laying on top of him.

He hit the grass with a soft grunt, but wrapped his arms around me nonetheless when his eyelids flickered open.

"I hope you know that we'd have to be doing some more sneaky shit now that we're official," I murmured, as I trailed a finger against his chest.

The widest grin spread across his face as he realized that I had indirectly answered his question, and he sat up and scooped me into his lap, so that I was as straddling him.

"I love you too," I whispered as I pulled his face towards me to press my lips against his.

It was always the simplest innocent kisses, that left me giddy and filled with butterflies.

"I have something for you," Nate said. He began searching through his bag with his right hand when his left hand suddenly clamped over my eyes.

I squealed in surprise, when his hand abruptly blocked my vision and my veins pumped with anticipation of seeing what Nate had planned.