Chapter 3 - Seeds of Legacy

Chapter 3 – Seeds of Legacy

14th Oct 11:28 AM

"Piss off," the Archaean laughed through the blood running down his chin, on his knees with one hand outstretched to steady himself against the cold steel wall.

His attire was... unusual. Ill-fitting blue jeans with a belt missing half of the loops, and an offensively yellow shirt, unbuttoned, with equally outstanding blue flowers covering it. He was bare-chested and shoeless underneath. A mess of brown hair hung free, just down to the base of his neck. Even from the doorway, Killian could smell the reek of alcohol on him.

"You go too far, Gallagher," the Archaean standing over him glowered, knuckles white, arms twitching in anticipation of the need to punch again.

Killian recognised him. Solomon. A little overbearing at times, but at heart a good man, and a good warrior. The Archaean stood almost eight feet tall, one of the few Archaeans able to stand over Maven.

Killian and Maven stayed back, watching the scene unfold in silence.

"Now Cap, I really think you're overreacting," Gallagher chuckled, slowly pushing himself to his feet, leaning against the back wall to support himself, "What's a little fun between missions?"

"Nobody else is laughing," Solomon growled. The five other Archaeans all stared at Gallagher, not moving a muscle to help him, or even saying a word. They all shared the same look of frustration, and absolute resignation.

"Only takes one," Gallagher shrugged.

"Do you have a death wish?" Solomon demanded, his voice quietening, though the gravelly resonance still carried.

"Just the opposite," Gallagher replied, standing up straight and glaring right back at the taller warrior. It would have been somewhat impressive, if not for the blue jeans and Hawaiian shirt. "I'm living, prick."

"You were gone for two days," Solomon snapped, "Nobody had any idea where you were!"

"You're overexaggerating. I dropped out to Hamburg to see Iron Maiden, I was gone for a day and a half."

"You left Olympus, alone and without any level of authorisation! You jeopardised the safety of every soul within these walls!"

"I swear, if you keep yelling, I'm going to hurl."

"You arrived on the mountain in human clothes, shouting obscenities. You're lucky you weren't killed on sight."

"Oh, come off it Solomon. No one was hurt."

"That's no excuse. Any number of things could have gone wrong; what if the Niphal had found you, or the humans?"

"They didn't."

"That you know of. Gallagher, this is unacceptable. If someone had followed you back, everyone in Olympus would have been in danger. Do you not understand that, or do you just not care?"

"Captain Solomon," Killian called for the doorway, finally interrupting the proceedings.

Solomon's clenched fist uncurled as he turned, levelling his gaze at the two intruders. "Killian. Wait outside, I'll be with you when I'm done here."

"I'm not here to talk to you, Captain," Killian said, taking a step forward, "I'm here for your underling."

"I will handle this matter myself," Solomon replied, "After that, I will submit him to the Archons."

"That won't be necessary, sir," Killian said, approaching and opening his TAU, "I've been sent by the Archons, and I'll be taking him for appropriate punishment."