I take back what I said about the building being the best sight in the world.

But before anything can really happen, he’s lying on my other side and I’m in my rightful place on the bed.

“I really just wanted my pillow,” he smirks as he snuggles closer.

“You’re a wanker,” I tell him with a laugh. “You’re lucky I’m too tired to fight you.”

He laughs out right and picks himself up to plants a kiss on my lips, “I love you.”

Loving the feel of him close to me and his scent lingering around me, I close my eyes and breathe him in, “I love you too.”

-----

Waking up alone is a familiar feeling, but not one that I particularly enjoy. Once I get my bearings, I look around to see that it’s completely dark other than the light coming from underneath our bathroom door. Topher must be in the shower since I can hear the water running.

Sitting up on the end of the bed, I run my hands through my hair before stretching and getting to my feet.

“Christopher?” My feet lead me to our bathroom and I tap on the door, “How long are you going to be, love?”

“I didn’t know you were awake,” it comes as odd to me that his voice sounds a little shaky.

Shaking it off, I call, “Just woke. I need the toilet.”

“Use the other bathroom,” he tells me, his breathing irregular.

Now I know he’s really not thinking; that restroom is being remodeled. “I can’t exactly do that. Is something wrong, love?”

“No,” he answers quickly. “I’ll be out soon. Just give me a minute.”

“I’m coming in if you don’t tell me what’s going on,” I decide. It’s worrying that he’s not acting normal. What the hell is going on in there?

And suddenly, he’s laughing, “You do not want to come in.”

“And why not?”

“I- I’m a little… occupied,” I can still hear the humor in his voice, though it’s much quieter.

“What does that mean?”

“Of all the times you can’t use your best friend psyche, this is it?”

“What are you doing, Christopher?”

He almost sound embarrassed when he groans, “Remember this morning what you called me? Well, you weren’t too far off.”

Then it hits me, “You’re… You’re actually… in there and doing… that?”

Was that even a real sentence? Did my brain just turn off?

“Can I come in?”

Apparently my brain didn’t turn off; it left completely.

There’s a silence that stretches between us where I contemplate smashing my head into the door, until he asks, “Do you want to?”

Taking a deep breath, I close my eyes and answer, “Yes.”

It’s true for the past week I’ve been incredibly horny. I am male, after all. I knew it would happen eventually and I’ve been having more and more dreams (day and night) that include my husband sexually.

“Then what are you waiting for?”

“My nerves,” I admit through the wooden barrier. “I don’t know if I can.”