Part 2

I was pulled from my slumber later that morning feeling like I had worn winter wear in summer; it was unbelievably hot. I lifted the blanket off of me and discovered Feyre curled like a vine around my body. She frowned and mumbled in her sleep before trying to hide from the light in the room by burrowing into my side. I chuckled and carefully disentangled myself. Laying the blanket back over her, I muffled the bond just slightly so my thoughts didn't disturb her while she slept. I walked down the stairs in search of food.

When I arrived in the dining room, Amren, Cassian, and Nesta were sitting around the table, eating the remnants of lunch. Amren reading a book as she ate.

"You guys didn't save us any?" I complained.

"Nope," Amren replied, throwing emphasis into the p.

"Yeah, you two love birds were probably up early, anyways," said Cass with a grin."Have fun?"

"Shut up," I told him.

Amren looked up from her book. "Yeah, Cassian. Not like you didn't have fun last night."

"What can I say? My girl's exciting." He threw an arm over the back of Nesta's chair and earned himself a powerful elbow to the ribs. "Ow." He winced and, dropping his arm, rubbed his side. "So fiesty," he mumbled with a smirk. Amren held up her hand and Nesta slapped her own against it.

I took this as my chance to change the subject and make my exit. "Actually, we weren't having fun earlier this morning. And, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to make some breakfast." I turned and walked swiftly into the kitchen, where I proceeded to take out a frying pan and fry some bacon. I could hear them murmuring in the room behind me.

Amren asking, "What's got his panties in a twist?"

I heard a chair get pushed back, and Cassian ambled in the kitchen, snagging some bacon off of the plate beside the frying pan. "Thanks," he mumbled around a mouthful.

"That wasn't for you," I muttered.

"Do you want it back?" He opened his mouth to reveal the chewed mass of meat.

"Keep it." I rolled my eyes.

Cass leaned against the counter as I expertly flipped an egg. "What's up?"

"You mean besides the sky?" I asked innocently.

He punched me halfheartedly in the arm and I chuckled. "I mean, what's the matter with you?"

Technically... "Nothing's wrong with me. I'm just gonna make breakfast and then stay with Feyre."

"Rhys, I've known you for centuries. I know when something's wrong with you. Spill," he said. He stood waiting with his eyebrows raised.

No, I hadn't planned on holding the information from him and the others, I was just hoping to wait until after I had talked with my mate when she woke up before I told our family. Guess that wasn't going to happen."Feyre was throwing up this morning."

Cassian's mockingly patient look changed to one of concern and he straightened. "What happened? Is she alright?"

"Yes" I replied, mumbling as an afterthought, "But she could do with some peace and quiet."

Cass looked shocked. "Piece of pie? Why would you give her a piece of pie? She freaking just threw up, and you're gonna give her pie?"

"Cass-" I tried to conceal my laughter. Piece of pie? What the heck*, Cassian? I thought.

"I mean, Rhys, seriously. Give her crackers or something. But don't give her a pie! That stuff is loaded with sugar. It'll make her sick again."

"Cassian!"

He paused long enough for me to speak, "I didn't say 'piece of pie'. I said 'peace and quiet.'" I drew out the last three words.

"Oh." He continued watching me continue making breakfast before I shot him a look with raised brows. Realizing what I wanted, Cassian said, "Got it. I'll go tell the others to find something else to do today."

"Great idea, Cassian." And then he left the kitchen in search of everyone else. They were probably up at the house.

I smiled as I felt a shift in the bond. Feyre would be waking up soon. I finished making the eggs, and arranged two platters of food.

I carried both of the trays up to our room, and sat on the bed. I looked at Feyre's peaceful face, and lifted a piece of bacon to my lips. I had just taken a bite when Feyre sat up groggily.

"Good morning, beautiful," I attempted to say around my mouthful.

She smiled before asking,"Why...?" She gestured to the small feast before her.

"Well, since you lost your dinner this morning, I thought you might be a bit hungry right about now."

"Thanks." Feyre gave me another smile and reached for her plate. I pulled it away playfully.

"That is," I continued, "if you can keep it in your stomach and not on me."

"I'll be fine." She rolled her eyes before leaning forward, taking the plate form my hands and proceeding to down its contents.

She stopped suddenly and set her plate on the bed and put her hand to her lips. I was instantly alarmed as she hunched slightly.

"Feyre?" I said cautiously.

She opened her mouth—

And I got a bucket's worth of water in my face.

"I got you!" she laughed. "I got you so good! Oh gods!"

She rolled back on the bed, hands on her stomach as she laughed. I folded my arms, keeping my expression carefully unamused while my hair dripped onto my shoulders. Finally, she sat up and looked at me with a grin.

"Oh, no. Did I hurt your feelings?" she teased.

When I remained quiet, she pushed aside the now soggy food, crawled over and straddled me.

Still grinning, she said sarcastically. "My poor, sensitive Illyrian baby. Over here pouting on your big baby bed." She petted my hair. "My poor overgrown baby High Lord." I raised an eyebrow at her. She patted my head. "I think you'll be fine."

She turned to get off me, but I finally unfolded my arms and grabbed her hips.

"Where are you going, little Miss High Lady?"

"To take a bath, Mister High Lord. Why do you ask?" She spoke innocently.

"Because I am the High Lord of this court and I may do as I please."

"I, too, may do as I please, High Lord. And I would like to take a bath now."

"Well, High Lady, I would also like a bath." I brought my face closer to hers, lifting my hand to trace her lower lip with me thumb. "So I suppose we'll just have to take one together. Won't we?"

"Well, we wouldn't want to waste water, now would we, my lord?" she said, sounding a bit breathless. She looked down at my lips and bit her own seductively.

"Of course, not, my lady," I said with a husky voice.

I lifted her off of the bed and, with her legs wrapped around my waist, carried her into the bathing room. The tub was already full of warm water when I carried her in. I set her down only to peel her out of her nightgown and take off my sweats. When we were both bare, I lifted her once more, and carried her into the tub.

The next couple hours were spent in the bath and then, insatiable as ever, in bed.