Life 0: Quit Being a Hero, Probably Not.

Start from the beginning

Nothing of real interest to him really.

Back from the bathroom, the man observed the decorations of the guest room he spent the last night in. The solid stonewalls were mostly covered by paintings of different sizes which displayed beautiful scenery of different locations inside Hyrule. There was also masterfully crafted furniture, the big and comfortable bed, a large mirror, a bookshelf and a two-seat sofa that covered most of the bedroom. Finally, a golden chandelier hung from the room's ceiling.

To put things in a nutshell, the room where the blond man slept last night was worthy of a noble. It was funny to think that that he didn't consider himself one, despite his current circumstances. After all, he was inside of one of the many chambers of the Hyrule Castle, the seat of Hyrule's monarchical government and home of the Royal Family.

The young blond man whose name was Link, once called Hero of Time, though in another timeline or dimension, massaged his neck as he walked over the soft carpet that covered the stony floor. The carpet felt so comforting on his bare feet. As he was standing there, he reached over to the bed and picked up one of the pillows. Reaching inside, he then pulled out two small pouches.

When both pouches came in contact with his hands, a soft sky-blue light enveloped him for a mere second before a whole outfit materialized onto his body.

A set of white leggings and an undershirt beneath a green tunic, together with brown gauntlets and boots. A three-point belt with an empty scabbard was strapped to Link's back. Finally, a long, floppy green cap donned over his head.

The young man, garbed in green, adjusted the pouches at both sides of his belt before accommodating his gauntlets and then his cap. Link then peered stoically over at the large mirror near the door that led to the corridor.

The rather athletic build, the handsome face and the confident smile he sported across his lips; it could only establish that Link was, as many women have stated about him, much to his surprise and sometimes discomfort, a very attractive and charming man... the latter may be attributed to his kind and sarcastic personality though.

Link folded his arms and then put a thoughtful hand on his chin as he decided today's course of action.

There were so many things that Link wanted to do now that he had finally returned to Hyrule after the rather... interesting adventures he'd had in otherworldly lands.

However, one thing came first before leaving.

He had to say goodbye to a certain young woman that lived within the castle. The Princess that would eventually become the Ruler of the Kingdom, whom happened to be an acquaintance of his.

Her name, of course, was Zelda.

Link sighed, knowing that he was not particularly good with saying farewells to those he considered a friend, much less to the woman that was closest to him. It started when Link simply ran away when his childhood friend Saria, came to bid farewell to him the day he departed from his home within the forest as a young child.

Yes, he sucked at saying good-bye, and he would had left without saying a word as usual if the person involved was anyone but the princess of Hyrule.

Link was an adventurer, a man of the road, and before that, a protector. Whether it was this Kingdom or any other, he would always extend his hand to those that needed it. Even if it meant fighting the most terrible evils of the world, which he actually had done, and not even a soul could deny it.

This was one of the many reasons he travelled constantly and had yet to even think of staying in a place for life.

Honestly, that kind of life would have been boring, and it wouldn't have allowed him to meet the countless adversaries and allies that he now possessed. So many lives saved because Link simply stumbled upon them during his travels.