45. The vial of life

Începe de la început

- Yes, it is, smiles my dad before looking down. I frown confused.

- Dad, he looks up at me and I gently smile to him, can you help me to put the necklace on, please? He nods and I turn around so he can put it around my neck. Thank you. I turn back around to face himd and embrace my father. You're the best father I could ever dream of, dad. I love you so much.

- Me too, baby girl. Me too, he lays us back down on the mattress, me on top of him and starts redrawing shapes on my back with his hand. I slowly fall asleep while holding onto the necklace he gave me.

The sun shines in my room, telling me that the morning had already started few hours ago. I get up and run to my bathroom to refresh myself. After taking my shower, I run out of the house discretely and rushed to the teacher's apartment. I know he won't be there. But I need to know if my mother is still there. I need to know if Klaus let her go or if she ran away or if she even stayed there stucked. I vamp-speeded to Alaric's apartment, driving myself into the door by accident. Great, seems like I can't control the distance anymore. I feel so much more feverish this morning, it's horrible. It's like the poison is acting faster in my system. I open the door of Alaric's apartment and immediately see Katherine standing there, looking at me with a mixed of expressions between shocked and relief. I enter the apartment as she rushes to me and takes me in her arms tightly.

- You're alive! exclaims my mother with relief while hugging me. I embrace her back and close my eyes, letting a long breath out like I've been needed this. How are you feeling? I know about the... questions and states Katherine as she pulls away and takes my face between her hands. She cuts herself in mid-sentence, frowning. Oh, my God, you're burning up, Little Fang. You have to go back to Damon or Stefan. You can't be here.

- I can't. I need to talk to you first, Kat, Katherine sighs as she caresses my cheeks gently and stares at my eyes with her chocolate ones. I take her hands in mines and bite my lower lip. Listen, I don't have much time, so please just.. hear me out. It's important to me, Katherine doesn't say anything and just waits for me to continue. Kat, I... it wasn't simple for me every days. I mean, I didn't know what the supernatural world really was before Klaus turned me into a vampire when I was only seventeen years old. Katherine stares at me with wide and shocked eyes. Yes, it was him. Hum... I grew up with only my father and no mom. I had to learn most things by my own and with dad's help. It's not a secret that I always wanted a mother, MY biological mother to be with me and teach me everything she knows, Kat looks down quickly and back up at me. But you were never here. I actually have no memories with you, I tell her smiling while I shake my head and as tears are rising up in our eyes. I always took you for one of those woman who couldn't assume her child, who just ran away from her responsabilities. You were so... not important to my eyes. You were like the Black Plague, something that I never wanted to cross path with, I stare at Katherine who stares at my eyes, her first tear rolling down her cheeks. She looks away and lets a sigh out as her jaw tightens. I squeeze her hands making her turn back to me. Me hating you for so many years doesn't mean that I didn't like spending time with you here. I have to tell you that at first, I was mad because I didn't want to be around you, less stuck in the same room with you. But as time passed, I've got to learn about you. I've got to spend time with you and despite we were kidnapped, we manage to have some fun and even protect each other. This might sound weird and maybe totally crazy to you but... I... I like you. To me, your my mother. You're the woman that should have educated me, protected me, feed me, teach me during all those years. But, I guess things comes with time and as you know, I don't have much time left. That is why I want you to know that I pardon you for... leaving me alone all those years and never taking care of me. For making me cry several nights and torturing me mentally and emotionally. The supernatural world is a bitch to whoever enters it. You manage to fight it, you have to keep going. Katherine shakes her head as more tears roll down her cheeks. Mines are already wet. Katherine squeezes my hands as I feel dropplets of sweat rolling down my back and my face. My mother stays in front of me, speechless and crying until releasing one of my hand to put it on my cheek.