Chapter 3

It was Mario? You wondered why there was someone dressed up as Mario until you heard him speak. "Hey, what-a are you-a doing out here and are-a you okay?" He asked worriedly. You shook your head although it hurt. He told you he would go get help and to stay put until he came back.

About an hour later the Mario cosplayer came back with Luigi and people that look like toads? You start to question your sanity as they took you away on a bright white stretcher. While you're being carried to who-knows-where the toads try to ask you questions to see if you're there at all, to which you don't respond to because you are having an existential crisis.

How can this be happening? This is impossible this has to be a dream or something!?

You snapped back into reality when a large building slowly crept into sight. It was in the shape of a mushroom but the top was blue with white spots. Standing in the doorway you saw Princess Peach with a worried expression. As soon as she saw you she briskly walked towards you and asked how you felt, in which you responded you've felt better and asked where you were. "Oh! Well, you're in the Mushroom Kingdom's finest hospital. Speaking of which, who are you, and how did you get this hurt?" she responded curiously and politely. You tell her everything about what happened and how you randomly ended up falling from the sky along with your name.

She put her hand on her face with a puzzled look as she stared at the ground and told one of the toads to try giving you a red mushroom to see if has the same effect on you as it does almost everyone else in the mushroom kingdom.

A few minutes later a toad came back carrying a tray with a single mushroom on it. It was about the size of your hand. The way the mushroom looked at you with it's beady eyes unsettled you greatly. You knew what you had to do, so you picked up the mushroom expecting to take a bite out of it but instead you absorbed it and all of your wounds and pain vanished as did the mushroom. 

You felt refreshed but it dawned on you that what was going on was in fact real. You started to panic wondering how and if you will ever get home. You heard the doors open and several sets of footsteps following.