chapter fifteen

song for chapter: let it go- james bay

|tuesday|
malia's pov

the sound of my alarm clock rang loudly through the room.

my eyes opened slowly, squinting at the light shining directly at my face afterwards.

my hand grabbed my blanket that was covering my stomach, and pulled it up to cover my head.

the alarm clock continues to ring, irritating me.

aggressively, i threw my blanket away to the side and turned off my alarm clock.

i groaned in frustration while pulling the blanket over me, getting comfortable again.

daniela came home at midnight last night, i was pretending to be asleep.

she has nowhere else to sleep, she has to come back and brush her teeth and use her own bed.

but she was trying every possible way to avoid me.

like right now, she's not even in her bed.
i heard her alarm clock go off an hour ago and she rushed her routine and ran out.

i'm feeling the type of feeling where i'm so mad, that i want to cry.

or possibly, i'm super upset with myself and i'm trying to cope it with anger.

finally feeling more awake, i got out of bed and head to the bathroom.

holy shit, you can tell she rushed her morning routine.

everything is so messy, covering almost the whole bathroom counter.

i carefully shifted all her things to the side so i could have space to brush my teeth.

a small piece of jewelry fell off the side along with her hair brush.

i kneeled down and picked those two up, realizing that the small jewelry is my necklace that she has always worn.

my mood completely dropped, not even knowing it right away.

|thursday|

the door creaked open, causing me to freak out knowing that it's daniela and i'm not fake sleeping.

quickly, i switched my position from facing daniela's bed to the window on the wall; laying my back against the wall.

i put my attention on my computer, pretending like i was minding my own business.

in the corner of my eye, i see her walk in and she says nothing.

not daring to steal a glance at her, i continue to type on my computer.

she walks to the bathroom, closing the door; probably doing her night routine.

my jaw clinched, being frustrated that i can't talk to her right now.