|3.| im glad we met.

AFTER DEPARTING OFF FROM THAT DARNED GILBERT, Wilhelmina trudged through the forest with his scarf held tightly to her body

AFTER DEPARTING OFF FROM THAT DARNED GILBERT, Wilhelmina trudged through the forest with his scarf held tightly to her body. She had cursed herself mentally for not asking his directions to somewhere she could find a way home, or for that matter where she was. But Wilhelmina was far to prideful, she rather freeze then ask that Gilbert for another favor. So she waltzed around aimlessly through the forest for hours. Wilhelmina wished she wore shoes to bed, even though that definitely was not a thing people did normally. Finally Wilhelmina stumbled upon a house only a little ways away from her previous encounter with Gilbert. "Thank God." Wilhelmina muttered to herself before running toward the door and knocking vigorously on it.

No one answered for a good couple of minutes and Wilhelmina almost walked away, but just as she was about to a man finally answered. "Sorry to make you wait." He spoke out of breath. I stared at him and wondered if it was the safest thing to be knocking on a complete strangers door. "You aren't from here are you child? Come on in before you catch your death ill make you some tea" He outstretched his hand and I nodded hesitantly. He lead me to his kitchen, although it wasn't much of a kitchen, he didn't even have a fridge. I sat down in a chair at his table and he poured me a glass of hot tea from an old kettle that sat on top of a furnace. He then placed a bucket of hot water underneath my feet for me to place them in.

"You don't talk much do you." The man stared at her as she took a sip of her tea. "I do talk for your information, but in my defense I am sitting in a complete strangers house." Wilhelmina told him and he let out a laugh. "I suppose you are right...well my name is John Blythe." He extended his hand out for me to shake. "Wilhelmina Everett, but please call me Wilma, Wilhelmina is far to complicated to say." She gladly shook her new friend John Blythe's hand and took another sip of her tea. "Well Wilma, what brings you here?" John asked the girl. He to wondered what someone from her race was doing all the way in Avonlea.

"I'm not sure exactly, would you mind telling me where I am?" She asked him. "Well you're in Avonlea of course!" John was surprised at the young girl. "Avonlea....Ive never heard of an Avonlea London." Wilhelmina thought out loud. John began to laugh. "Not London child, Canada." Wilhelmina almost spit out her tea, and she probably would have if only she didn't like it so much.

"I cant be in Canada!" Wilhelmina cried "John I don't belong here, you see I only fell asleep twenty minutes ago and I woke up here, how will I ever get home now." John Blythe was worried for the Wilma. He wondered if she somehow managed to escape from an insane asylum. He quickly rid that thought from his mind, maybe Rachel Lynde just up the way would think such a terrible thought like that, but John knew better. "There, there child." Was all he could think to say to the very strange girl that sat in his kitchen.

He studied her clothing, he hadn't seen anything like it in all the places he had traveled. It seemed to have words printed onto it. EVERETT FAMILY REUNION 2018 was written across the front. "Wilma.." He asked the girl. Now normally John Blythe was a realistic man. He didn't believe in fairy tales or anything like that. But he wondered if what Wilma was saying was true. "Yes?" Wilhelmina looked up at the man, wiping the tears away from her face.

"What year is it." John furrowed his eyebrows awaiting her response. "Its 2018 of course." She told him. "Its 1892." He told her. Wilhelmina was very confused now more than ever, but that did explain all the strange clothing. "Its like I'm living in some twisted version of Narnia." Wilhelmina muttered to herself. "Narnia?" John lifted an eyebrow. "Yes its a movie." Wilhelmina thought about it for a while and a smile grew on her face. "I'm Lucy and you're Mr. Tumnus!" She exclaimed. startling the man. "I thought your name was Wilhelmina."

John said in confusion and Wilhelmina laughed. "No, no it was a- never mind now. So you do believe me don't you John?" Wilhelmina asked him. She hoped her only friend here didn't think that she was a basket case. "Well...this is strange Ill tell you that, but I think its safe to say for certain that you aren't from this day and age." John began to cough, something he hadn't done during the entire time Wilhelmina was here. He knew he was sick, but he wondered if she had noticed. The last thing he wanted to do was to worry the girl, she seemed as if she could use a friend. Perhaps he would introduce her to Gilbert he was almost positive his son would be fond of the girl.

"Im glad we met John Blythe, and if I ever leave here I'll surely be back to visit before you know it, and maybe I'll even bring some medicine for that cough of yours." Wilhelmina smiled. She was the happiest she as been during this entire ordeal. Now she wasn't sure that she'd be able to go home but her common sense told her that perhaps she'd go back once she had woken up.

"You're unlike anyone I've ever met Wilma." This made Wilhelmina smile. The truth was she was too strange for most people at her school, besides her only friend Jacob of course, so John Blythe's words were quite refreshing. "Dad?" A voice came through the front door and John smiled. "That's my son, he will be so glad to meet you- yes I'm in here!" John Blythe shouted to his son. Wilhelmina smiled she was very excited to meet Johns son, maybe they would even become friends and Wilhelmina would have two friends in this strange place.

"What are you doing u-" Gilbert walked into the kitchen but stopped once his eyes spotted Wilhelmina, the strange girl he met in the forest only a couple hours earlier. Wilhelmina's smile faded as her eyes locked with him, of course John Blythe's son had to be the worst person she had ever met. "You." Wilhelmina's eyes narrowed at the boy, a smirk played on his lips. "You know each other?" John asked, puzzled by Wilma's hostility toward his son. "Oh we have met alright." Wilhelmina ripped the scarf from off her shoulders as she walked toward the door and shoved it into Gilbert's chest. Gilbert found it quite amusing, Wilhelmina was so small yet so feisty.

"You can keep the scarf Wilhelmina." Gilbert followed after the girl. Wilhelmina turned to him and crossed her arms. She didn't say anything to the boy in fear she would yell at him, she was not the biggest Gilbert Blythe fan after he insulted her in the forest earlier. But John was so nice to her so she wouldn't raise her voice in his home. "I'm sorry for what I said, I truly didn't mean to upset you." Wilhelmina scoffed at him and then looked into his eyes, they were very brown and warm, and he did sincerely look sorry, but Wilhelmina was far too stubborn to accept his apology. "I'm going to take your stupid scarf again, but I do not accept your apology." Wilhelmina walked past the boy back over to John Blythe and shook his hand. "It was a pleasure John." She told him before she stormed out the door. She only made it a few steps before she disappeared in thin air , leaving Gilbert Blythe more confused than he had ever been in his entire life, and a smile on John Blythe's face.

"I knew she was telling the truth."