Chapter 5: Not the whole truth.

En başından başla

“Why are you talking so weird?”

“I don… don’t …”

“Anyways, I was thinking that maybe we should g----“

“Sorry, Logan… I … I have to go do something that day.”

“I didn’t say what day!”

“It doesn’t matter. I'm busy that day too!”

“Keisuke, are you ok?”

“Gotta go. Bye!”

****

“ Tanaka?”

“Yes, young master?”

“Where is Jaw-long?”

“He’s not here today, sir. It’s his day off.”

“Psht, I actually needed him today.”

“Would you like me to call him?”

“No, he deserves a break. After all, when he’s here he doesn’t sleep.”

“As you wish.”

“I’m going up to my room. I’ll have dinner there, I have work.”

“Yes, sir.”

As Keisuke went up the stairs he heard thumps. He turned to the rail and took a look down. When Keisuke saw Tanaka walking to the kitchen he shook his head in confusion and walked to his room. Just as he put his hand on the door to push it he heard a voice calling.

“Keisuke!”

“L-Logan! How did you get in?”

“Through the gate. What? Is your little ninja friend on vacation?” Logan’s tone was arrogant again, but he was just angry and bothered.

“Y-yeah… he is…”

“Well then, lock the damn gate! Someone could break in, are you insane?”

“Logan you broke --- what are you doing here?”

“I came because you keep neglecting me!”

“I'm not neglecting---

“Yes, you are!”

“Really? When exactly did I?

“Today! When I was going to invite you for lunch! But you wouldn’t know it was a lunch invitation because you didn’t even let me finish! And then, when I tried to invite you to a movie, you avoided me again! What did I do? Did I make you angry in any way?!”

“No! It’s not like that, it’s just----

“Keisuke, is this about your moth---

“NO. It’s…. look, last time you cancelled on Jona and … then you… did you even invite him along when you invited me?”

“N-no, but that’s because you and he don’t get along.”

“And did you ever consider that he might feel left out, or even, ignored?”

“W-Well…”

“Look, Logan, Jona is your best friend. You can’t just leave him behind because you found an interesting new toy… Logan. Jona and you are best friends and I don’t want to intrude, alright? Things between you and him were perfect before you showed interest in me. You didn’t even realize he doesn’t hate me. He just feels abandoned and I'm the reason he feels that way.” Keisuke was as firm as he could, but his tone became sad as he continued. He put his head on the door frame, along with his hand, after turning around, and sighed.  “Just go back to your own life. To the life you had before you met me. I appreciate having you as a friend, thank you for all your support. But… things were fine the way they were…. Please, just… forget we ever had anything to do with each other… you’ll be safer that way as well.”