2 - Secrets of the Todoroki Household

After that, whenever Reo visited the Todoroki state, (Y/N) came along and kept Shouto busy for the entire day.

"It's good for you to make friends, specially one as great as young Shouto," he explained to her, "hopefully, you two will be great heroes in the future."

"Together?" (Y/N) asked excitedly, to which her father replied, "together," in a tone she couldn't decipher. She didn't know this back then either, but her father was pleased she was already making 'connections.'

(Y/N) was happy enough to be able to see and play with Shouto on a daily basis, and soon enough, her father even allowed to travel to the Todoroki house on her own, having a family driver take her.

As a child, (Y/N) was extremely happy and upbeat, always curious and talkative, and though Shouto wasn't as energetic as her, he quickly became fond of her and managed to keep up with her and her schemes, always looking forward to her visits. He loved playing with her and talking about everything and nothing, her animated way of talking about the most insignificant things making him more and more fond of her.

One day, when they were both seven, (Y/N) told Shouto what her father had told her.

"He said that in the future, you and I are going to be great heroes together! Isn't that amazing, Shou-chan?"

Shouto smiled softly, "great heroes?"

"Yes! We're going to use our quirks to become great heroes! I'd really like that."

Shouto gave her a sidelong look, "I've never seen you use your quirk, but I've heard it's very strong."

(Y/N) hesitated for a second, but Shouto noticed.

"What is it (Y/N)?"

"Well...it's just, people don't like my quirk. They get scared of me."

Shouto frowned, his hand coming up to cup her cheek.

"It's okay (Y/N). When we become as strong as All Might, everyone will love you like I do!"

(Y/N)'s eyes brightened, and she threw her arms around him. "Shou-chan," she murmured into his shoulder, feeling extremely happy as he burrowed his face into her neck.

"We'll be great heroes together, (Y/N)-chan."

(Y/N) gave Shouto a smile, "We will! It'll be great if it's the two of us," she added, causing Shouto to become flustered.

"How great do you think we'll be?" he quickly asked to cover up, "like, All Might great?"

At that, (Y/N) gave a big "whoop!"

"You really do think we can be like All Might?!" she asked excitedly, "saving people with a smile?"

Shouto gave her a bright smile in return, "I know it (Y/N). We can do anything together."

(Y/N)'s happiest moments back then always involved Shouto, and in this moment, sprawled in the grass with Shouto lying next to her, she didn't think things could get better. But, even though at that moment, with Shouto's smiling and docile posture, (Y/N) felt as though she couldn't be happier, things after that went downhill very quickly.

She first began to see the signs when they were both around eight. Her father had told her that she wasn't allowed to visit as much, since Shouto needed to begin his training, and even though (Y/N) hated that she couldn't see him as often as before, she promised she would treasure the moments she had with him even more.

However, when she came to him next, she was surprised by this attitude. He no longer seemed as happy as he had been when she had seen him the week before, seeming more subdued instead, and when she asked him what was wrong, he just replied that he was tired from the training.