Chapter 4

The criminal was easy to chase but hard to capture. Jolly was feeling tired of the chase but Irisu wouldn't let him go.

He was afraid that if he suggested her to go on her own she would end up killing him......or worse.....kissing him.....

He was finally able to get rid of her when they split up at the harbour to seek the man out. Jolly was too distracted thinking about how to reverse the 'candy-curse' as he called it that he didn't notice the man until he was almost on top of him.

The man charged straight into him. Jolly tried to dodge but physical combat wasn't his strength and he crashed against the wall. The man kicked him in the chest and laughed like a maniac.

Jolly realised that he was a dangerous killer whom they had put in prison only a week back....

"NOW I'M GONNA BRAIN YOU FOOL!!!" The mad man screamed as he pulled out a knife.

Shit.... I certainly don't want to get killed like that....

The next second a blade flew through the air knocking the man's knife away. Jolly just watched as Irisu stormed in and began to make quick work of the idiot in front of him.

He got up and kicked the knife away. He was certainly not going to get himself involved.

"JOLLY!! HELP ME!!!!"

Jolly scowled.

"You don't look like you need help!!"

"Yes...." she said as she danced away from the man who was now resorting to brute force "But you do want to protect the girl who loves you right!!!"

Jolly almost winced.

"Just kill him Irisu....."

"WHAT!!!!"

She seemed too shocked by this cold suggestion that she failed to dodge the next blow. She staggered a few steps back and then suddenly without any warning raced in and drove her sword through his heart.

Now that would make a good host....

"How did I do Jolly!!! Are you ok sweetie!!!"

Not that... thought Jolly cringing away.

As Irisu walked towards him, she accidently tripped over a rod. He reflexively caught her and instantaneously regretted it for she threw her arms around him and started kissing him.

"My hero!!!!" She squealed.

"Uh..... what!!! STOP IT IRISU!!!"

Jolly was feeling flustered and he tried to push her off but she clung to him.

"Um... Jolly...."

Jolly looked up and saw Dante standing there looking at the scene going on.

"I...."

Embarrassed, Jolly dropped Irisu who fell down with a shriek and walked away.

"You saw nothing......" he told Dante as he left.