27

Meher's Pov

Its been two weeks that we have returned back from honeymoon. Everything goes well. Abeer has changed so much. He never scoldes me or argue with me now. We only have usuall talks. I am getting so bored now. Kajal started to go to school to teach small children. Abeer, Dad and Ram will go to office. Mom will be in pooja room for most hours.

So I decided to go to my office to.
Thats when a director meet us for the costume designing for a big budget movie. Later I came to know that Abeer's company is also with production team. So we decided to work together.

Abeer's  Pov

Meher now comes to office. And dad asked us to share one cabin. I was happy a little but I cant face her whole day. From past two weeks, I am going early to office and coming late. I try to avoid maximum conversation with Meher. I cant hurt her anymore with my words.

But how much days...how much days will we go like this. I want to move her out of this hell. So I decided... I went for an advocate, he told before 6 months we cant apply for divorce... its barely one month is finished.. 5 more months.. how can I...

Also she loves me so much, she wont allow for divorse. I was thinking how to convince her, when I felt someone shook my shoulders. I looked up and found her..

M: Which world are you lost...

I took a serious face..

A: What do you want now..

M: I dont want anything, your PA came and gave me this file as you were in another world,asking to get your sign.

I took the file from her hand.

M: Abeer...

A: hmm?

M: Are you okay ?

I looked at her confusingly.

M: I mean... you seemes to tensed these days...

A: You are my only tension. Can you please close your mouth and sit there...

I saw her face turned blank. Still I should do it. But that was when the drama started. For the next two hours she didnt utter a word, nor me. I was feeling dizzy with her silence. She was never like this. Just then my PA came in and asked her whether the design is ok. She just nodded. Then my PA said her the director is waiting outside.

Meher gestured something but neither me nor my PA understood what.

A: What is this Meher, dont be so childish...

M: May I talk...

A: What...

M: What what... you asked me to keep mouth closed and sit here.. I am only doing that..  , ( turning to PA ) you tell me, its the responsibility of a wife to obey her husband na..

PA chuckled, Meher pouted and me.. I kept head in hand. What type of girl is this!!!😟

Days passed like that, Abeer became more quiet and stern, especially when Meher is around... after 3 months, one day in their home...

A: Meher...

M: hmm?

A: Sign this...

M: What is this Abeer ...

A: Just sign... (stren, a bit louder )

Meher felt something serious. He was a bit angry too.

M: Abeer... why are you shouting for a signature..

A: Sign...!!!( slowly yet stern )

M: ok..  give me.

She just took the file and sighned without reading it.
That was the biggest mistake she ever did, which she came to know about 3 months later.

After the incident, Abeer left to Mumbai, saying official work, but was actually escaping from his own life. He merely came to home for three months. Contacted only kajal daily, somedays Ram too, asking about his wife, but never tried to ask directly.

Abeer's ignorance was the limit she could bear. Day by day, she became lost. The room was her world, letting tears. But she could breakdown infront of others. Wearing a happy mask, she tried hard to leave..

Three months later... Abeer came back home. He saw everyone present in the hall excpet his wife.

Kajal: I think Meher is planning for a surprise to give you. Go and check😉

Abeer smiled faintly and went upstairs. He thought to knock but just, opened the door.

The biggest surprise ever he could have; but not a happy one. The one who he wished to be happy, the one who he wanted to be free, is sitting with hugging the knees tightly. She looked up hearing the door's sound. The next second, she ran towards him and hugged hard, letting the warm tears flow down, killing him each moment. Unknowingly his hand went around.. but only to make her stand straight.

Abeer turned back, couldnt face her....

A: Be happy Meher, tommorrow you will be free from this hell. Get ready 11 am. We should go to the court....!!!!

That was the last words she heard before fainting....