Lesson 3: No

You were laid out in your bed, the pain ebbed in your lower back as you stared up at the ceiling. You had cursed yourself for attempting to help one of the new recruits train, the guy had been trying to impress the instructor. Unfortunately for you that mean when going through the motions to make sure they understood how to throw your enemy, in which he wasn't actually supposed to throw you and he did, twisting you at the same time. You knew the minute you hit the mat you were done for.
And now you were laid up in bed, on an ice pack, staring up at the ceiling. The doctor said the muscle was just pulled and alternate between ice and heat. He gave you some meds and sent you on your way.
"There you are, kid." Bucky's voice stated from the open doorway, you glanced down from the ceiling to your clock, it was two. Your eyes trailed over to his form as he stood in your door way, he brought his hand up like he was going to rub the back of his neck and he stopped. "You okay?"
"Never been better Barnes." You rolled your eyes thoroughly annoyed.
"Ready for another lesson?" He asked, stepping in side your room, looking around.
"No." You replied, shifting, only to wince in pain as your back flared up.
"Why not?" He asked, pausing at the edge of your bed.
"Don't have to give you a reason, the word should be enough." You told him, looking directly into those deep blues. His brows turned down ward for a moment, as he held your gaze.
"Did I do something wrong?" He asked slowly, you sighed and rolled away from him, taking a sharp inhale as the pain increased with your movements. You felt him sit on the edge of your behind you.
"No, you did nothing wrong." You replied, gritting your teeth, you had been ready for this lesson, what you hadn't planned on was being hurt for this.
"Okay?" Bucky looked over your body, he knew you had injured yourself the moment he saw your hip hit the mat and your body jar awkwardly. Gently he brought his hand up and hesitated for a moment before he spoke again. "Have you tried getting a massage, it might help the muscles relax."
His comment caught you off guard, you were expecting him to argue with you further. The fact he let it drop gave you some hope, that maybe he was listening.
"No I Haven't, the lady that does that is gone for the weekend." You replied, looking at the wall in front of you.
"May I?" He asked.
"May you what?" You questioned back, then you felt the warmth of his palm splay out across the exposed skin of your lower back. You hadn't bothered to change after training, wearing just a black sports bra and leggings. "Roll on your stomach."
You found it odd he was being so nice but did as asked, wincing as you rolled onto your stomach. Bucky shifted a bit, getting closer to you, you felt the cold of his metal hand slide onto your skin, sending a shiver up your spine. You would of thought your back would of been frozen by this point and wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the two but you did. Slowly he started to press his calloused palm into your lower back, pressing down and out on the muscle.
"Did you go to the diner?" You asked, trying to keep yourself from making any awkward moans as he continued to rub into the tense muscles.
"Yes, I did." Bucky replied, he meticulously worked his palms into the painful muscle, noticing the scar that ran across your back. He wondered how he had never noticed it before, it ran from your left hip traveling up cross your spine, all the way to your right shoulder blade.
"And?" You asked, after waiting for him to continue speaking.
"Uh, she doesn't read much but she said I should watch some movie called The Notebook." Bucky replied, starting to dig the tips of his fingers in next to your spine.
"Good luck on that one." You replied, the second half of the sentence coming out almost as moan from the amount of pressure he was applying. Dear god those fingertips knew what they were doing and it felt like heaven.
"Why's that kid?" He asked, grinning to himself knowing you were holding back on much you were enjoying this.
"Cause that's a straight up romance movie. Closest thing to a romance movie I peg you sitting through is romantic comedy. I know how much you like comedies." You replied, feeling your entire body completely relax under his touch. "Actually I think you would like a movie called This Means War."
"Nothing wrong with romance." He replied, slowly stopping as he had worked your tense muscle out. He finger tips lightly traveled a cross the scar, he felt you tense up slightly. "Can I ask about this?"
"No." You replied quickly, slowly you pushed yourself up from the mattress, the pain almost completely gone.
"So I'm going to go out on limb and say no lesson today?" He smiled as he watched you climb off the bed, stretching your arms above your head, relishing in how much better your back felt.
"I did give you a lesson today." You sighed as you leaned all the way down to your toes, grasping the back of your ankles. Bucky watched you as you did, his eyes traveling over your body, never realizing how limber you were till now.
"I'm lost." He said as you slowly straighten yourself back out.
"The lesson was no." You smiled over him, his face scrunched up with confusion, as he stared you. "You see, even if you do get to know her she still may tell you no. That doesn't mean, maybe later, maybe if I'm nicer to her, or ask her why. When a woman say no, that's it. No asking why, cause she doesn't have to give you a reason. And in fact, it goes both ways, just like if I asked you to do something and you didn't want to, no is the answer and that's the end of discussion."
"I'm going to go out on a whim and say this is another one of those things that women deal with a lot." He stated, narrowing his eyes as he tilted his head toward you.
"As sad as it is, yes. Usually when we say no, to some it means let's debate about this." You shrugged. "So did you want to watch The Notebook or watch This Means War?"
"What's the second one about, diner girl as you like to call her, gave me a run down on the other one." He replied as you snagged the remote to your tv from the dresser and returned to your bed.
"It's about two spies who work for the government and they both fall for the same girl and try to out do each other in order to 'win' her affection." You smiled at him, as he turned in his spot and leaned back against your headboard. "It's actually really cute and funny."
"Alright, let's watch it." He beemed over at you, blue eyes sparkling, you couldn't help but grin back. You ignored that pull in your gut, telling you bad idea but flipped on the tv and went to Netflix.
"Just whatever you do, don't tell Sam you Netflix and chill. Cause that doesn't mean watch and movie and hang out." You chuckled as Bucky slowly turned his head you.
"What does that mean then?"
"That is a lesson far outside my pay grade Oldie-Wan Kenobe." You smirked, turning the movie on.