X. The Line

"Tell me if I doubt you I'm wrong for it, if there's anyone in my corner it's you ..."

One month later...

Onika
Manhattan,NewYork
May 28th, 2018

"This is delicious!" I said after swallowing the piece of key lime pie on my spoon.

"I'm glad you like it love." Ella said back in that cute British accent of hers.

Ella and I had been friends for a cool minute, but since she'd literally blown up over night with her career we hadn't had much conversation, so when she hit me up about week ago asking to hang out I gladly obliged.

Even though I speculated it was less of a Friendly invitation and more of a romantic gesture I wasn't complaining, she was gorgeous and less complicated to deal with...among others.

Beyoncé and I hadn't spoken since our...well my heated discussion with her, and oddly enough I was okay with it, it let me know we weren't on the same page and her intentions were ill mattered. I thought I would be hurt after a few days but it came right out as anger, especially after hearing rumors that her and her 'HuSbAnD' were planning a massive joint tour similar to their first one. I didn't care if it was true or not, she could do whatever she pleased with that man, as-long as I was left out of it.

"How's the music world?" I asked Ella deciding not to give a dead situation any live thought.

"It's a lot to get used to but I'm not complaining, people recognize me now that's kind of jazzy." Ella said with that big smile I was quickly becoming fond of.

Did I mention she was gorgeous?

"You deserve it, you've worked hard for it, I'm proud of you

"You deserve it, you've worked hard for it, I'm proud of you." And honestly I was, so many don't make it but she did, and her spirit was so genuine, it was refreshing, I wouldn't mind having her around more often.

"As I am for you aswell, a partnership with MAC? Grown woman things yea?" Ella teased, and I felt the blush creep up on my cheeks, MAC was already fond of my agency because of Manuel, but due to my work in recent months they extended an offer to come on as one of their top product consultants, of course I had to accept , it had garnered me a bit more fame then I was used to but I was blessed still.

"Something like that...how long are you in town for?" I knew she had a busy schedule, so did I, but I was hoping maybe we could hang out more.

"Another couple of weeks...why you want to hang again?" She gave me a knowing smile as I avoided eye contact feeling slightly embarrassed.

"Yea...I like you." I said simply, I hated that I felt my gut turn in guilt, I did like her, but my loyalty had been rooted deeply to Beyoncé for some time now, so much so that Ella was truly the first person I had a genuine like for and I didn't want to ruin it.