CHAPTER FOURTEEN!

𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑
Chapter Fourteen !

          SWEET PEA'S HAND RESTED on Aurora's thigh

          SWEET PEA'S HAND RESTED on Aurora's thigh. Her green eyes were on the stage where three pairs sat and her mother stood at the podium. Aurora's eyes flickered down to Sweet Pea's and she interlocked their fingers. Their eyes met for a split second before they looked back to the stage. If her mother had seen her holding Sweet Pea's hand, Aurora would be in deep shit. "Okay, now just a quick reminder, that this school hall is a PTA sponsored event," Alice began to speak. As Sweet Pea stood up, Aurora sunk down into her seat. Fangs removed his flannel and placed it on her head to hide her from Alice. "Oh, looks like we have our first question."

          "Yeah, no offense to the, uh, current administration, but it doesn't feel like anyone's looking out for the students who are being bussed in from the Southside. Is that gonna change?" Sweet Pea asked. Aurora frowned, but she agreed with him, something needed to be changed about that. "Absolutely, Sweet Pea, that's our priority," Jughead said, making Sweet Pea scoff and share a glance with Fangs, "And no one should feel marginalized or excluded here."

          "Jughead and I will be representing all students, North and Southside alike," Betty added, making Aurora smile. Sweet Pea sat down and took Fangs' flannel off of Aurora's head. "She's not looking. You can stop hiding now," he told her. Her eyebrows furrowed together as he tossed the flannel at Fangs. "Sweets—"

          "Next question. Yes, Midge?" Alice asked as Midge Klump stood up. "My question is for Archie and Veronica," the couple perked up, "Rumor has it that your parents will soon be on opposite sides of the Mayoral election, won't that negatively affect your working relationship?"

          "Archie and I adhere to the old maxim that politics are never discussed at the dinner or the cafeteria table," Veronica answered. Aurora rolled her eyes as the crowd laughed.  "Veronica and I are on the same page about everything, including her family's plans for a prison on the Southside," Archie nodded.

          Boo's were heard throughout the crowd, making Aurora snort. "In the meantime, however, we're committed to improving the quality of life at Riverdale High, which means more extracurriculars —" Veronica was cut off by Josie.

         "Reggie and I agree. Except, add the fact that we can and will deliver results," Josie said. "And we're chill, unlike these guys," said Reggie, making the crowd laugh.

          A little while later, the event had ended. Aurora walked out of the auditorium in between Fangs and Sweet Pea. Sweet Pea hadn't spoken to her, and Fangs had been assuring her that it was nothing, but Aurora knew it was something. As they walked out, her eyes landed on her mother. Her eyes widened and she went to turn away, but Alice was spreading calling her daughter's name. "Aurora Cooper, you stop it right there."