CHAPTER THIRTEEN!

𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑
Chapter Thirteen !

          AURORA AND BETTY COOPER showed up to what used to be Southside High

          AURORA AND BETTY COOPER showed up to what used to be Southside High. Betty went to Jughead whilst Aurora walked up to Fangs and Sweet Pea. She held up two plastic water bottles, filled with water. The boys grinned at the girl as she approached them. Aurora gave one water bottle to Fangs then handed the other to Sweet Pea. Slowly, the boys sat on the floor and Aurora sat in front of them. She pulled out two medium sized containers from her bag, both containers filled with different fruits. "Why didn't you guys tell me that you were spending the night out here? It's literally freezing cold. I could've brought you and the rest of y'all blankets," Aurora frowned.

          Fangs flicked off the cap of the water bottle before chugging the water. Sweet Pea grabbed a piece of watermelon and threw it into his mouth, eyes rolling backwards at the flavor that filled his tastebuds. Aurora softly chuckled and moved to sit in between them. Sweet Pea fixed his position so his head rested on Aurora's shoulder. "Thank you," Fangs mumbled out before tossing a piece of pineapple into his mouth. Aurora smiled and gave him a light nod, "You're welcome." Aurora looked back to Sweet Pea and placed a soft kiss on the crown of his head. He let a smile fall on his lips, enjoying the warmth that radiated off of Aurora.

          AURORA SAT IN THE front row, a bored expression on her face as her foot tapped against the floor. "We live in uncertain times, but here's one thing I'm very certain of. . . My girl Ronnie here, along with her running mate, Betty Cooper, has my vote to be Riverdale High's next President and Vice President. And of course, we remind everyone, especially the women, to vote and be heard this election," Josie declared before the music started and people clapped and cheered.

         "Now, you have heard of women's rights. . And how we've tried to reach new heights. .  If we're all created equal, that's us too. ."

          "Well, sure, some men bowed down and called us Mrs Let us hang the wash out and wash the dishes. . But when the time rolled around to elect a president. What did they say, sister. . Oh, we were suffering until suffrage Not a woman here could vote, no matter what age. . Then the 19th Amendment struck down that restrictive rule, yeah."

          A paper was put into Aurora's hands. She looked down at it to see a piece of Veronica with drawn on devil horns and tail. She knew they were turning Southside High into a prison!; backstabber!; She is best friends with sexual assaulter Nick St.Clair!; Her dad bought Pops Diner, the Register and Sunnyside Trailer Park! Veronica Lodge is a shareholder in her parents' business and will be profiting personally from it!; Liar Lodge!; Evil princess!; Fake!; Liar!; was all the words written around the picture of Veronica. Aurora's eyebrows furrowed together as she looked up at Veronica with an angered expression.

          "Okay, what's going on?" Veronica asked. Ethel walked up to the Latina and handed her a paper. "Where did you get all this information?" Veronica asked Ethel. "Does it matter? It's the truth, isn't it?" Ethel asked. "I don't understand. I told you that we were making amends, that your dad would get a job offer," Veronica said, lightly shaking her head. Aurora and Betty both stood up, looking at one another.

          "You mean, your half-hearted bribe? Yeah. Too little, too late," Ethel told Veronica. Aurora shook her head and stormed out of the room, Betty following behind her. Aurora pushed the paper into someone's chest as she walked by, heading straight to the bathroom to splash cold water onto her face to calm her down. When she had gotten there, she let her hair fall loose and her hands run through it. Betty came in and began to pace around the bathroom. Veronica entered and Aurora snapped her head towards her.

          "That day in the student lounge when Weatherbee announced that Southside High was closing, you acted like you didn't know," Aurora said, eyes narrowed. "When my parents asked me to help them, I didn't feel like I could say no," Veronica replied. "Of course you could've. You could've told your parents that you didn't want to be their teen accomplice, or you could have told us the truth!" Betty exclaimed. "Instead, you just played us like fools!" Aurora spat.

          "No, I was just trying to keep them honest! That's why I started working with them. Betty, Aurora, you two have to believe me," Veronica pleaded. "Even if I did I can't be your running mate anymore. You know that, right?" Betty scoffed. "I can't trust you, V."

          "I'M HERE! BABE? SWEETS?" Aurora called as she entered the trailer. She took off her jacket and turned her head, seeing Sweet Pea practically shaking as he rubbed his hands together. Aurora's brows furrowed and she ran to his side, almost dropping the coffees in her hand. "It's so freaking cold in here, Pea," Aurora said. "The heater stopped working two weeks ago. ." Sweet Pea trailed off. Aurora groaned and pulled him off of the couch.

          About ten minutes later, the two were sneaking into Aurora's bedroom by her window. They got into the room and immediately, Aurora ran to the door and locked it. She turned back to Sweet Pea and frowned. "Get in the shower, okay? I'll go get you a pair of clothes that my dad left. Or maybe Chic has something. Don't worry about it. Just get in there and warm up. I have the best water pressure in the house," Aurora told him. Sweet Pea nodded and walked into her bathroom. Aurora walked out of her room and into Chic's, hearing her mother shout at Betty for something downstairs. Aurora rolled her eyes, knowing it was probably something between Betty and Chic. Aurora snuck into Chic's room and grabbed a pair of joggers, a blank maroon tee, and some socks.

          Aurora walked into her room and locked the door. She walked up to the door of the bathroom, "Sweets? You in the shower already?" Hearing a yes from the inside, Aurora opened the door and placed the pair of clothes on the sink's counter. The hot steam already covered the mirror and it made Aurora chuckle. "You really do have pretty damn good water pressure," Sweet Pea said, making Aurora laugh. She walked out of the bathroom and closed the door. Aurora then unlocked her bedroom door and headed downstairs, quickly making two cups of hot coco. "Why did you make two cups?" Alice asked as she walked into the kitchen. Aurora grabbed a piece of banana bread, "I'm really thirsty."

          Aurora then walked back upstairs and into her room, locking her door again. Sweet Pea was already sitting on the bed. In his hands was a picture of Aurora when she was younger. She was missing a few teeth and her hair was in pigtails. "You were adorable," Sweet Pea admired as he placed the picture back down on the table beside Aurora's bed. Aurora chuckled and handed Sweet Pea one of the hot cocos. "Thank you, doll," Sweet Pea thanked before he took a sip of the hot coco. The hot drink flooded throughout his body, leaving a satisfied sigh to escape his lips. Aurora giggled and ran a hand through his wet hair, "Do you have to go back out there tonight?" Sweet Pea shrugged, "I can go back in the morning."

          Aurora nodded and they placed their hot cocos on the table beside her bed. They then got under the covers and cuddled up together. Their legs were entangled and Sweet Pea's arm was wrapped around Aurora's waist so her body was right against his. Sweet Pea placed a soft kiss on Aurora's forehead. "You know, you're really softening me up, princess," Sweet Pea whispered. Aurora let a gentle smile fall on her lips. "As long as only I get to see your soft side," she whispered. "Of course you are," Sweet Pea said. Sweet Pea leaned his head down and captured Aurora's lips into his for a moment before he turned and switched off her lamp. Aurora pulled away and rested her head on his chest, soon falling asleep to the steady rhythm of his heartbeat.