My Guardian~Daryl Dixon Love Story

A/N~Also On quotev. Thanx for checking the story out :)

          The wind played with Wynter's hair as she ran through the forest. Witnessing death wasn't really new for Wynter, since it was after all a zombie apocalypse. Wynter remembered when it first started and everyone thought it was just a sickness like the flu. Sure it was like the flu only once you die you reanimate and all that the dead live for is to eat every living thing in their sight. Not that anybody ever dreamed of it who would?

        Sadly Wynter was on her own, the monsters had raided her last camp and she got separated from her Mother, and her twelve-year old brother, along with her dead Father's best friend. For all she knew now was that they were roaming around s one of those mindless beasts. The only thing Wynter really focused on right now is surviving at all costs and that meant running away from the walkers that she called zombies. The walkers had spotted her when they were feeding on a girl who looked to be in her early teens. Ever since then sh's been running through the thick bushes of the forest.

 She cursed every time she tripped on a log or a branch that was hidden under the fallen leaves that covered the forest ground. The walkers were almost in arms reach by now from her. The only way she could grab her bow and arrow is if she stopped which she wouldn't dare do. The same fate would happen if she tried to grab her knife from its holster. "Ouch! damn it!" She hissed out in pain as she tumbled to the ground from tripping on a decaying log. Trying to get free she jerked her foot forward only to have it jerk back. "C'mon!" she shouted.'Out of all these time now really?' Wynter thought to herself trying to get away from her new enemy the log. Walkers were inching closer, and time was ticking for her. Horror filled Wynter as a walker landed beside her boot covered foot. The walker groaned as she slammed her foot against its decaying face. Unfortunately the walker didn't get injured. Wynter went to reach her bow only to realize she didn't have it! Panicking Wynter reached for her knife only to have it out of arms reach. Tears threatened to spill, but she couldn't and wouldn't cry. She was going to die, die only at 19 years old, she closed her eyes waiting for the pain to hit. How bad could it be really? only a few minutes of utter pain then she wouldn't feel a thing.

To her relief nothing happened. Confused she opened her eyes to see that the walker was now limp with an arrow through its skull. She glanced around and came into contact with an Asian with slick black hair under a baseball cap. His features were very different from the Asian. while he had short hair she had long Burgundy hair, he was rather average height while she was considered tall, her eyes were piercing emerald while his was warm chocolate brown.  "Are you okay?" The man asked in a concerned tone. He looked about the same age to her. "I'm fine thanks for saving me." He flashed a smile at the girl he just met. "I didn't though Daryl did!" He looked away as if to try and see the man named daryl. "Anyway i'm Glenn." He extended his hand out for her to take and it was then that she realized he had freed her leg. "Oh um sorry I'm Wynter."She replied accepting his hand and standing up. "Looks like Daryl left already. You can come back with me we have a camp, I'll get Daryl's arrow while you grab your stuff." Wynter knew she shouldn't't trust people in a world like this, but something made her feel like she had to go with Glenn. She grabbed her knife and bow and her arrows that happened to be under a nearby tree. After they got their belongings, they started walking back to Glenn's camp.  

Glenn started telling her about the people. "And then there's Rick who's a cop and he's our leader now, and he has a wife named Lori and a son named Carl." Wynter's heart skipped a beat, Those were the names of her family. But it couldn't be could it?Last time she saw her dad he was in a hospital bed in a coma. Her mother, brother and her dad's best friend Shane told them that her father died. She wanted to ask Glenn what their last names were but before she could they had already reached the quarry. Glenn's camp. There was tents, a couple vehicles, and an R.V. used as watch she guessed. "Oh thank God you back Glenn!" A girl who Glenn pointed out to Wunter as Andrea exclaimed. "Who the hell is this? Rick!" Andrea shouted, heads poked out of tents, then they got out to try to see the intruder. " What seems to be the problem?" A familiar voice to Wynter called out. She couldn't believe it! standing in front of her was her policemen father, Mother, Brother and Shane. Rick looked up to see his teary eyed daughter. Shock filled everyone and without hesitation Rick wrapped his arms around his daughter. The rest of her family joined and they each weeped joyfully together. "This is my daughter Wynter."Rick told the group and they all smiled, happy that Rick found the rest of his family.

They all sat around the campfire that lit up the pitch black night. Each group member swapped stories of how they survived and they shared their names with Wynter. so by now she knew who all of them were. They shared what they did for a living and useless non important things. Even though they were useless stories that wouldnt help them it was a reminder of what the world used to be like before. "Where is Daryl? I haven't gotten a chance to talk to him yet." Rick asked. How could he after all he only came earlier in the day.  "I haven't gotten a chance to thank him either." Wynter added. "You don't want to trust me. he is stubborn, has a horrible temper and he is like his brother!" Glenn spoke quietly making sure that if Daryl was around he wouldn't hear. But there was no sign of Daryl which everyone was relieved about. "Anyway he is out hunting some food for us," Shane stated. "I wonder what he is going to react like when he finds out we handcuffed his brother to a roof and left him there." A dark skinned man approached, named Theodore whom everyone just called him T-Dog or T.  "I'll tell him i was the one who dropped the key to the handcuffs." T-dog spoke with his usual calm voice, and everyone looked at him. "Guys not to bring race into this but i think it would sound best if it came from a white guy like Rick." Even though it was rather offensive everyone agreed that it would go better coming from the same race while approaching one of the Dixon members.

        Wynter brushed the dirt off her pants as she stood. "Good night everyone." She kissed her father and mother on the cheek then extended her hand out to her brother. "C'mon Carl let's get some rest." Her brunette haired sibling sighed but but nodded. They strolled into their tent and got ready for bed. Carl was the first one in his cot since he didn't need to braid his hair and take twenty minutes to find a tank top or shorts. "Goodnight Wynter!" she pulled him in for a hug then kissed his forehead. "Good night lil' bro.  She turned her body facing the wall of the tent, then slipped into a world of dreams. Maybe she would be safe for a little while.